Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

WOW....Lot's of Hate for Redcat online

I'm sure it is because of older models and people new to the hobby getting frustrated over broken parts, but some forums will roast you alive just mentioning the name. I however will love my Earthquake 3.5 and Monsoon when they arrive.
    Aftershock 8e, Earthquake 3.5
    Serpent 811, Kyosho MP9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WOW....Lot's of Hate for Redcat online

yes unfortunately it's bad on this forum. I personally have 4 redcat 1/5 scales an I have a blast with them. even got my dad one, my nephew has one just got two of my local friends to buy one. plus a guy that owns an exhuast shop bought three of them last year and we all get together and have a good time. too many people out there think nothing should break, but it don't matter what you buy it's gonna break if you run them hard or just can't drive.lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it's great to hear that their are still redcat lovers out there! i am so happy to hear that their are pwople who aren't just buying from me! lol.
    i work at a kiosk in my local mall and we do have several people who buy from us.

has anyone heard the news about redcats new realase of their first 2wd's? i am going to have to get one!

so glad to not hear hate. why do people focus so hard on the negatives? it's really sad. i resently sold my kyosho ultima rb5 because it was a rather high maitnance car, dont get me wrong it preformed AWESOME! but i have to make space for new adions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so much of the hate focuses on the nitro models.
    redcat's nitro appeals to those new to the hobby alittle too much. they buy a redcat to start in the hobby, then blame redcat for being crap as the reason why they couldnt get the truck to run right, when it has more to do with their lack of knowledge.

i dont know how often i read a hate post, and when i ask if they contacted redcat or filled out a warrenty form they say no! if you dont give the company a chance to make you a happy customer it is your own fault!

anyway, there are haters of almost every brand. you can find losi, and traxxas hate threads in other forums.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's not just on the web, try saying "Redcat" in you local Traxxas dealer hobby shop.

I took a friend to order a body for his new Avalanche that he is about to get and the shop owner asked him what he was using it on. He told him and the guy went off about how Redcat is cheap junk from China and they may not be in business much longer and how you should buy two if that is what you are going to get because it is going to break. Then he says that the parts are expensive and you can only get them from Redcat and they are always out of stock. And then he tried to sell my buddy on a Traxxas. The lhs guy tries to tell him that you can upgrade almost all of its parts to aluminum. When we looked at the Traxxas T Maxx that he was trying to sell him for twice the price I couldn't help but point out all of the plastic parts that are already aluminum on my Avalanche. 

As we walked out of the shop I told my buddy that I had just ordered a spare set of cv shafts for mine from Amazon.com. How much more common can you get than Amazon and that the hobby shop right across the river from us was a Redcat dealer.

That was on a Friday. Now let me tell you about what happened on Sunday.
    I went out and met a buddy to play with our Redcats. My Avalanche XP and his Earthquake 3.5. We ran around a parking lot, hit some grassy areas, flew threw some gravel and just plain tossed all kinds of dirt and rocks everywhere. About 50 feet from us was a couple of guys with their RC trucks. One we only saw make a couple of passes and then he was just sitting on the tailgate of his truck. So we walked over and said "Hi".
    Turns out the guy broke his cv shaft on that first run. Snapped it clean in two. Then he says, "I just bought this truck yesterday. I broke the stock shaft that day so I ran out and got the steel ones and it broke just now on the first run."

It felt kind of good driving our Redcats off while that guy sat there with his broken Traxxas, hopefully contemplating why he paid so much more for his truck than we did for ours.

I don't have anything against Traxxas, HPI or any of the other big name guys, but the snobs... those are the ones that get me. The "my RC is better than yours because I have a big name brand" group. Take your hate and leave me and my Redcats alone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: All-or-Nothing

I'm sure it is because of older models and people new to the hobby getting frustrated over broken parts, but some forums will roast you alive just mentioning the name. I however will love my Earthquake 3.5 and Monsoon when they arrive.
    I guarantee you will love that Monsoon. I just bought an Avalanche and my buddy bought a Monsoon. I love my new truck and he couldn't be happier with his Monsoon, and he already owned a Traxxas Slayer Pro and an HPI Savage. The Monsoon is his new favorite.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hung out with my buddy this weekend. We had his Monsoon and my Avalanche screaming up and down his street.  
    When you sit them side by side you can see the differences in things like the linkage, suspension and so on. They both appear to be quality products though. 
    I would recommend either one of these trucks to anyone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have to agree with Nitrosportsandrunner with the fact that most complaints come from the fact people new to rc cant get a nitro to work right. The other manufactures have electric starters which make it easier to start nitros. It does also take more patience in the winter. That has nothing to do withRedcat. In fact mine starts up right away as long as fuel is in the line and to the carb. Isee alot ofpeople just start pulling without even getting fuel in the line.
    I have nothing bad to say about Redcat and really think they are a complement to the rc world. Where can you get a new nitro for a couple hundred bucks. I know for a fact the earthquake 3.5 is a good rc. It does have some problems mostly I think because the wheels are so big. Run any brand with those size tires into a solid object at 20 or 30 miles an hour and see what happens. Im happy to enter in the rc world with the earthquake I wanted to go for the monsoon next because of its upgraded more professional specs. I went with a buggy instead Losi to be exact. I wanted to get away from the big tires.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes! someone who isn't ashamed!

i race at my local club every now and then and they are all driving AE, traxxas, and losi. i start kicking but around the third lap and all they say is "redcat is crap. their redcrap"

all i got to say is" then why did i just kick your butt out on the track?" it shut's them up real quick.

"traxxas = crapsas" is what i heard from one redcat fan.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think its funny how people bash on any of them... they all have their flaws.. and each brand is made for a different purpose .. so yea i own a traxxas a redcat a tamiya and soon to be a hpi

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mudbucket72

i think its funny how people bash on any of them... they all have their flaws.. and each brand is made for a different purpose .. so yea i own a traxxas a redcat a tamiya and soon to be a hpi
    Could not agree with you more; all the redcat bashers always say don't buy a redcat because they are crap and they always break parts and that you should get a quality brand like a traxxas,hpi,losi,etc.
    To me the definition of a quality brand is a kit that you will not have to worry about anything like breaking parts or mechanical or electrical failure for quite a while before you have to do any replacements and so far that has not been the case with any of the brands that I own (redcat,traxxas,hpi).
    I heard on a different forum that in the long run you will save money if buy brands like traxxas,hpi,losi,etc; yeah right.
    There's no such thing as saving money in this hobby; at least not for me and with what I have invested in this hobby I could buy myself decent used car but I am not complaining because I like my toys.
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. Al Pacino (Scarface 1983)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol well my rc bill will probably double because im getting my first rc plane......plus if i get the rampage xb-e which is a 1/5 scale, im gonna see how well my wallet does.......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: mudbucket72

...in the long run you will save money if buy brands like traxxas,hpi,losi,etc...
    My buddy has a Traxxas Slayer Pro. He had to have them replace the electric motor for the starter and the steering servo... all before he even had the engine running.
    Oh, and he is spending a butt load on getting a Savage back in order right now.

His latest purchase was a Redcat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My buddy is a big Traxxas fan. Im a fan too I own 3 but I also own 2 other brands. They all will brake and they all have different things I like about them. My lhs just today busted on Redcat. Then turned right around and showed me a part he broke on a hpi. I just dont get it. I guess because he doesnt sell it he doesnt like it. To-each-is-own

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Our lhs hates on them too.

I have put half a gallon of fuel through my new Avalanche and the only thing that has failed is the steering servo. It started clicking when I turned to the left. I emailed Redcat using their warranty form yesterday and they shipped out a new servo today.
    I'm not even upset about it going out, have you seen the wheels on that thing? They will kill any servo as big as they are. I loosened the servo saver up some and I just won't turn the wheels while sitting idle any more.

Otherwise the only problem I have had is that Iknocked the rear suspension arm out on a nice jump at the park this morning. Nothing broke but I did lose the little black plastic cup piece that holds the upper hinge pin in place. I couldn't find it due to it being black and the tall grass at the park.
    I ordered a new set and I will paint them a bright color before putting them in. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just want to say here that I have Traxxas and Redcat, I have to work on each of them and they will all break, they all have plastic parts end to end and they all have very small screws that screw into plastic which has and will give trouble from time to time.

Over all I have had more repair issues with my Redcat vehicle when I first got it, but I have since upgraded some things and shimmed the diffs which were my biggest issue in the begginning.

2 days ago I set up a ramp out back that will enable me to get 20+ foot jumps out at 4+ feet off the groung, I ran 4-5 tanks of fuel through it that day and did nothing but ramp it turn around get another run at it and ramp it again over and over, and some of my landing were the kind that made me cringe..........and guess what.........not a single issue everything still nice and tight, everything still looks as good as it did when I started the afternoon with it..........

All of this durability was accomplished by upgrading the screws in the frontSteering Knuckles, shimming the diffs and adding some high quality grease to the ring & pinion gears, I also added 7000wt diff fluid in diff cases front and rear..... and I have a 39TSteel Spur gear which I highly recommend....... For the Backdraft 3.5 so far no servo issues or problems with the electronics, Knock on wood.......!

so far the only 2 parts I've had to replace is the spur gear which I trashed jumping it and not gettingoff the throttle quick enough and 1 pinion gear in the reargear box, and it was a factory defect issue which redcat quickly replaced for me and even sent me extra parts to completely rebuild both diff units......which they happily did with no questions asked and the gear boxs are not even "officially" covered under warranty.

Now beingpretty new to this hobby.....when I started having these troubles at first I was upset and I said stupid things and made a couple bashing post about redcat products venting my frustration which I quickly retracted and appoligized for realizing just how dumb it was of me to do that being I basically got sucked into the mood by another redcat basher who had nothing good to say at all about anything the best I remember......

As I type this post my Backdraft 3.5 is the only RC I have that is running and could be fired up and raced or bashed right now, both of my Traxxas Trucks are broke down, one with a carb. issue and the other from a bad driver issue......35+ MPH straight into a cement block does wonders for the front suspension..........LOL

I can quickly point out several things about all of my vehicles that I wish were better and all RC's have their strong points and their weak points from what I have seen..........andIMO Redcat vehicles are by far the best overall quality bang for the buck........yes there may be overall better quality in some other vehicles but like I said for the money I dont see anything else that can be matched apples to apples with most of the Redcat products......! Redcat racing is doing there dangdest to give us avery goodproduct for a great price compared to many other who will give us a very good product at a somewhatover priced vehicle IMO, Redcat has made it to where people who have never been able to get into the RC hobby can do so now at an affordable price and I think from what I have seen and heard with the NEW Redcat Buggy and Stadium Truck that they are just another good example of this point.

I'm looking forward to the day I have the chance to raise the eyebrows of a " Major name brand " owner with the speed & overall performance of my Redcat Racing Backdraft 3.5Buggy.........! I like it more everytime I take it out....very enjoyable buggy handle sgreat and is very quick....

My extra long 2 cents......sorry......I got a little long windedhere!

Peace
    Welfare to the able bodied is like giving shelled nuts to a squirrel, he gets lazy & soon looses will to provide for himself!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea i mean traxxas parts are kinda cheep but they tend to break more so you end up spending the same amout pretty much where ever you go .. and another thing is what ur gonna use it for .. some of the brands are not made for bashing wich is what most people buy rcs for when they first start