Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: volcano sv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

volcano sv

I need a little help with my truck. It will run great until i have the wheels turned all the way (to the right or left) and try to pin it wide open. When i do this it dies on me. so please help me figure this out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: volcano sv

Sorry wasnt paying very good attention when I read the post earlier, so I removed what I had posted here earlier.............my bad

do what Nitro said below sounds like this may be your fix........

Peace
    Welfare to the able bodied is like giving shelled nuts to a squirrel, he gets lazy & soon looses will to provide for himself!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pugs514

I need a little help with my truck. It will run great until i have the wheels turned all the way (to the right or left) and try to pin it wide open. When i do this it dies on me. so please help me figure this out.

it is possible that the dogbones in the front get caught up(bind) when the wheels are turned full left/right.
    i know this can happen on the electric version.

if the front dogbones are both getting caught up so that they cant turn, then it could cause the motor to die under the strain.

look at the front dogbones and see if there are noticable ware spots(from the dogbones rubbing on the stub axle)

redcat has CVD driveshafts that wont bind like the dogbones can.

you can also try turning down the steering rate on the transmitter(which will lesson the amount the wheels turn when you turn the transmitter wheel) doing so may prevent the dogbones from binding.

you can also try to lean out the mixture. if its a bit rich, then extra strain will cause the motor to bog and thus stop running.

how does it act when you start it back up? does it seem like it floods when it dies?

SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it starts up fine and will run straight lines fine its only when i turn it sharp. and there is no marks on the dog bones