Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New engine for Tornado S30?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:07 PM
SpeadFreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine for Tornado S30?

Im looking to upgrade my engine in my Redcat Racing Tornado S30. What engine would be a direct fit or require few parts? I really like OS engines, but it doesnt have to be. My Tornado is all stock.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:01 AM
cswtornado

Default RE: New engine for Tornado S30?

A new engine would probably be a bad idea: twisting dogbones, stripped gears, and other bad things would most likely be the result.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
rccrazer

what do you think you need a new engine for?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
JTuepker1

Why does all csw post ***** about the product, thats why its a hobby and not a profession.If youdont brake you dont get to havefun on both aspects of the hobby. Playing and tinkering.Who said anything was wrong maybe he just wants to upgrade his engine.

My advise is to pull your engine out, take it to a lhs and and see if they can help you match the same mount as your current engine. There is plenty of engine options out there.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 AM
SpeadFreek

@CSWtornado - Appreciate your advice, but im no beginner Broken dogbones and gears and just part of the hobby. My LHS owner told me an OS 21 engine was too big and too much power for my Rc10gt...proved him wrong and he loved it. Im prepared for breaks. I been into rc for 6 years

@rccrazer - I dont NEED a new engine, i WANT one. Im not liking the stock .18 since it doesnt hold a tune for long. Im planning on slapping my stampede tires and rims back on it and completely blowing the engine and cluctch...just for fun. But i need a new engine before i do this of course. Once again, not a beginner.

@JTuepker1 - My LHS OWNER knows a LOT about rc, but hes also the one that told me an OS 21 was too big for my GT...which i proved wrong. So i prefer finding an engine through you guys or myself. It wouldnt hurt to take it down there, but may be easier to just figure this out ourselves. I have a XTM .21 engine layin around that i realize would fit. Im thinking of trying this, but not sure yet.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Torch39

Ituned my Tornado S30 twice after breaking it in about 6 months ago. Car been running great have not seen a reason to tune it again.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:23 PM
SpeadFreek

@Torch39 - Not everyone has the same issues with the same vehicles. Your lucky yours keeps its tune well. Mines good for a day or so then i have to adjust HSN . Not really a big deal, i just want a better engine.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: cswtornado

A new engine would probably be a bad idea: twisting dogbones, stripped gears, and other bad things would most likely be the result.
I think your opinions on why it would be a bad idea are from the bad luck you had with the tornado you own I mean how do you know twisting dogbones, stripped gears, and other bad things would most likely be the result ?
I am surprised you did not make a comparison between his tornado buggy and your savage as to which is more durable lol .
Check these videos out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbgzuCcAxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcIn-...eature=related