Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

bang for your buck

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:14 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default bang for your buck

i was recently reminded of one of the best cars i have owned( and i have owned about 20, and im only 27 years old!)
it was a 91 civic HB with the 1.5l motor, short ram intake, lowered suspension, stripped carpet from interior and has a huge tack.

it was not a race car, not pimped out, and worth less than $1000. but man was it fun to drive! take it on a twisty road going over 50mph and my heart would beat soo hard it almost came out of my chest. and dropping the clutch at 5500rpms at a light was a blast!
the car only had 100hp, but was well balanced. that made it fun to drive!
i had only $800 in the car. I was said to sell it, but had bought a house and needed to own a pickup. and couldnt afford 3 cars.

this was all to point out that the most expensive things dont always produce the most fun. you can have alot of fun on a budget, and without breaking the bank!

just look at her! slamming through the 5 speed tranny and hearing that rev happy motor was a blast!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10459.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1580162  
Old 03-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Hack u 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bang for your buck

Very well said! We like what we like......thats it!