Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

anyone with a 8E had steering issues?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

anyone with a 8E had steering issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 09:17 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default anyone with a 8E had steering issues?

took my earthquake 8e out today, and it kept not wanting to steer to right.
left was fine, and it would always center.
when i would pic the truck up and turn the wheel back and forth it would start working again.
the servo and servo linkage all moves even when the wheel wont turn right.
there is nothing broken or binding that i can see. but some part of the bell-crack system must be hanging up.

anyone else had this issue?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:52 AM
JTuepker1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone with a 8E had steering issues?

Had the stock servo do that to me on my backdraft. Now running a 3303 futaba metal gear servo. Solid now.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:41 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: JTuepker1

Had the stock servo do that to me on my backdraft. Now running a 3303 futaba metal gear servo. Solid now.
the servo i put in, is a high-torque metal geared servo. and the servo arm moves all the way, and so does the top linkage. i think the bell crank has a servo saver in it that might be loose or something. will have to run the truck some more to figure it out, as the problem never occurs when bench testing(like that sound your real car makes that magically goes away when you take it to the mechanic!)
Old 03-19-2011, 01:22 PM
formula87

My Earthquake / Backdraft does the same I upgraded to a Hitech servo and still does it I think it is the servo saver.... Kurt@URCHobby has a fix and also does your servo rock back and forth? He has a good fix for that also..Just pilot some holes in the mount where the dowle pin goes into the chassis and screw that in tightens it up a lot.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:25 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: formula87

My Earthquake / Backdraft does the same I upgraded to a Hitech servo and still does it I think it is the servo saver.... Kurt@URCHobby has a fix and also does your servo rock back and forth? He has a good fix for that also..Just pilot some holes in the mount where the dowle pin goes into the chassis and screw that in tightens it up a lot.

thanx for that info. i will email kurt about the servo saver fix.
i just tighted up the screw at the top of the servo saver and that seemed to help.

but i was driving and managed to snap a rear stub axle took a pretty nasty tumble.

i had read of other owners who had the same thing happen(right where the drive pin goes) and had included a pair in a order i placed yesturday.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Goatcrapp

my aftershocks did that due to some binding of the the link - was hitting the top tray/cover.  Wasn't immediately apparent where it was getting hung up, because it didn't happen until the suspension was flexed a little..   at rest in a neutral stance, it seemed fine.

a bit of cutting on the tray with a dremel and it freed right up.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: Goatcrapp

my aftershocks did that due to some binding of the the link - was hitting the top tray/cover. Wasn't immediately apparent where it was getting hung up, because it didn't happen until the suspension was flexed a little.. at rest in a neutral stance, it seemed fine.

a bit of cutting on the tray with a dremel and it freed right up.
Hey good to know. thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Allnighters

Broke an axle on mine too. Servo is a little on the weak side for the big tires. Body is really brittle. Bashed mine hard yesterday and broke the back body mount screws that go into the shock mount. Also lost screw and spacer that goes through the c carrier into steering knuckle, missed the locktight on those the first round.. Parts ordered.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:45 AM
JTuepker1

Anyone look at integy 1/8 scale buggy and truggy pieces to see if anything can be converted over for redcats.