Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

A few questions

Old 03-20-2011, 02:12 PM
twobnvd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions

I am looking for a good body for both the earthquake 8E and the Caldera 10e I am not big on the stock bodies. I have used a bunch of other bodies that I have trimmed ect but I am looking at what is a direct fit for both non stock if you have tried some and can clue me in that would be great. Also somone recommended these batteries http://cgi.ebay.com/2X-7-4v-5500mAh-...30459108884101 Has anyone tried them and do they perform pretty good. i am not a racer just a basher so they dont have to be the BEST out there but looking for a good value battery that I can stock up on so when we have basjh sessions I have plenty charged packs to run with.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: A few questions

i gave the that link to those lipos, just ran mine today and they worked well.

however, hobbyking's usa warehouse does have some decent turnigy packs instock: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14995
a tad more with shipping costs, but youll get them to you in 1 week instead of 3-4 weeks like the akku ones that ship from hong kong.

i know the caldera fits the traxxas stampede body well.

i put a traxxas t-maxx body on my earthquake 8E. did require drimming the fenders and from bumper some. but it is a tougher lexan than the stock body.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28649.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1581718  
Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 PM
twobnvd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I didn't know who posted that link to ask but saved it to my favorites. I too was looking at the cheaper hobby king batteries as well. I have trimmed many bodies but if you have to trip up the wheel wells it seems to weaken the body a bit so I don't mind trimming ot making holes for posts but want something that fits other than that. Ill have to grab a standpede body for the caldera. Thanks I really want to try the traxxas summit body for the earthquake but. I was hoping someone would try before me .
Old 03-20-2011, 07:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a summit body would look really cool.
but i can tell you that you would have to either raise the body post with a custom mount or use different posts in the rear. cause the sumit body is way taller in the rear.

i think the stampede body fits with almost no trimming. just raise the body posts as high as they go(they have some adjustment to them)