Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

battery info wanted

Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM
nlovern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery info wanted

hi,
I wanted to know if rechargable AA bats are good as a batt pac for the EQ 3.5 truck?
Hope to get up soon. have to work truck supplies in my budget/ Its only $45 but wife still wont let me have it anytime.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: battery info wanted

The AA's aren't a problem, the stupid battery holder is. And NO ONE makes one that is decent. Iget 3 or 4 cars a month in for 20-50 in parts because the batteryholder went bad and the car ran into something WOT. Everyone of them changes to a rechargable hump pack and the problem is down. If you think I'm bashing Redcat on this, think again, I've tried holders from almost every manufacturer, and they all fail from the holder falling apart.

I recommend changing that holder to a hump pack, and replacing the stock single element airfilter with something dual element (with a little cutting a Motor Saver 8FFM filter will work.)
Old 03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

kinda have to agree^^

those "AA" holders can let a cell loose, or the tiny wires that go to it can break loose. if that happens when and you dont have a fail-safe it can be a huge headache.[X(]

rechargable hump pack are much better...assuming you remember to keep the charged
Old 03-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Dragonii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least wrap a rubber band around the AA's to keep them in place. You can still have a holder crack or the wires break but at least they won't just pop out.