Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Trouble deciding what truck to get

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Trouble deciding what truck to get

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM
vinnyv28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble deciding what truck to get

Im goin with brushless but im up in the air between the Earthquake 8e or the caldera 10e they both are pretty tight what do u think
Old 03-27-2011, 04:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Trouble deciding what truck to get

ORIGINAL: vinnyv28

Im goin with brushless but im up in the air between the Earthquake 8e or the caldera 10e they both are pretty tight what do u think
the 2 share many parts, tho the 8e is larger and faster(stock anyway) the caldera is nearly the same speed if you use a 3s lipo on it(which requires wiring the stock ESC's fan to the reciever)

i have the 8e and my friends both have caldera's. we all have fun with them.

both are good trucks, but there is a $100+ price difference between the 2. the 8e comes with much better battieres, but you will want a decent lipo charger(there is one included, but it takes 4 hours to charge each of the 2 lipos)

Old 03-27-2011, 04:05 PM
vinnyv28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i wanted to get the 8e but there sold out till april thats only a few days awaybut i like the idea of having reverse on the 10e plus it is 100 bucks cheaper so i think im gonna go with the 10e thx
Old 03-27-2011, 04:13 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: vinnyv28

yea i wanted to get the 8e but there sold out till april thats only a few days away but i like the idea of having reverse on the 10e plus it is 100 bucks cheaper so i think im gonna go with the 10e thx
yeh, the earthquakes are out of stock right now.
they still have some aftershock 8e's tho. basically the same truck.
oh, and the 8e's have reverse.

either way, a 1/10 brushless rtr truck for 190 or a 1/8 brushless truck with lipos for 300...those prices are hard to beat.