Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

aftershock 8e shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:15 PM
brew99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftershock 8e shocks

So I took my new aftershock out for its first run, and I've already managed to break some plastic on the shock. The plastic that is surrounding theball at the end of the shock shaft split. leaving the ball screwed into the A-arm and the shock flappin around. The shock looks fine otherwise.

Does Redcat sell parts to rebuild these shocks (i.e. shaft with this plastic end part)? I'm trying to avoid having to buy a new set as this is the only issue.

Also, I've seen other pictures of people's trucks with an all aluminum shock (not just the cap), what part number is that? I beleive BS903-004-ais what came with the truck, and I can't finda mention of an all aluminum one.

These are what came with the truck....I dont have a photo of the broken one

Old 04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
JTuepker1

Default RE: aftershock 8e shocks

http://urchobby.com/proddetail.php?p...3-004-a&cat=65

aluminum ones from URC

also traxxas endlinks from the nitro revo will work, i used them on my backdraft till i got my racing punk shocks.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

part # for all alloy shock is BS701-004A
you can find it listed as and upgrade option for the caldera 10e. but im pretty sure they are the same length as the 8e's shocks.

i dont think they sell just that bottom part that screws onto the shock shaft, but i may be wrong.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52358.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1592520  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
brew99

Ok thanks guys, I'll check those numbers out. I don't think the plastic part screws onto the shaft, looks to be molded on. Anyhow, it appears that one would need to purchase the entire shock set.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 PM
buggyboy2010

I'm not sure about the specs on the 8E but I have these on My Tornado and I wouldn't trade them for anything, Highly durable and just amazing.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/4908-Traxxas-T-Ma...item564258423e
Old 04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
masterhacker1989

Blah, I hate stock tmaxx shocks, they are garbage, they bend too easy, and the caps blow off
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
buggyboy2010

What? I have them on all 3 of My redcats and they do an AMAZING job, I have never had any of the issues You have said. They are solid and very durable, Another guy in here took My advice and got some and He loves them to... Weird eh?............

ORIGINAL: masterhacker1989

Blah, I hate stock tmaxx shocks, they are garbage, they bend too easy, and the caps blow off
Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

What? I have them on all 3 of My redcats and they do an AMAZING job, I have never had any of the issues You have said. They are solid and very durable, Another guy in here took My advice and got some and He loves them to... Weird eh?............

i have had traxxas shocks blow the stock plastic caps alot. upgrading to the alloy caps fixes that problem tho.
anyway, since the 8e's use a single shock setup and not a double like the t-maxx, i highly doubt that a set of tmaxx stocks would work well on an 8e.
the 8e's are too heavy for a single smaller shock. the stock shocks are bigbore shocks.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:26 PM
ThePenguins

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i have had traxxas shocks blow the stock plastic caps alot. upgrading to the alloy caps fixes that problem tho.
anyway, since the 8e's use a single shock setup and not a double like the t-maxx, i highly doubt that a set of tmaxx stocks would work well on an 8e.
the 8e's are too heavy for a single smaller shock. the stock shocks are bigbore shocks.
I can confirm that they do not cut itfor the8e.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 AM
buggyboy2010

Ya, I don't own a 8E nor know the specs, But I have the Tmaxx shocks on My Buggy, Truggy and Buggy again. I sware by them and love their performance, Never had a single shock fail on Me once, And I've done some pretty crazy stuff with them on.

ORIGINAL: ThePenguins

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

I can confirm that they do not cut itfor the8e.