Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Redcat needs a PRO driver to race their trucks...

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat needs a PRO driver to race their trucks...

Old 04-04-2011, 04:28 PM
All-or-Nothing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat needs a PRO driver to race their trucks...

I have been very impressed by the way all my Redcats have performed. If I was a better driver there would be a lot of mad drivers at my local track.

I don't think Redcat intends on campaigning their trucks as race machines but they are certaintly capable. I keep up with alot of the higher priced name brand trucks altho' our driving is not necessarily "PRO" level here. Durability has not been an issue and with more and more practice I become more and more competitive.

Just tossing it out there. I believe the Ground Pounder has even won a World Championship. C'Mon Redcat. Prove all the haters wrong and get some trophies while you're at it.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Hack u 2

Default RE: Redcat needs a PRO driver to race their trucks...

That was said perfectly! I agree. I think Redcat is where Traxxas was there first years...Everyone talked and bashed the brand...and look where they are today. You will find that out of the 1,000's who own a few drivers will rise to the top and meet your request..Like all it takes time and practice...every day the daily bashers are entering races with these rc's..headlines will come soon and so will trophy's. I am planning at making a run this year with the STR Lightning...and I think the Twister series has a shot as well. I think first wins will come in 1/10th scale...1/8 th is a far shoot only because of the millions spent by others on research and developement in this class...Not saying 1/8th scale is not good but the difference in technoligy is unmatched right now. But this is a good topic for discussion and debate. Right now we are at meow with the cat but ROAR is soon!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:21 PM
buggyboy2010

Definitely agreed!, Redcat should put a message out seeking a Pro-Driver and sponsor Him,  And get the Redcat name out there! Best idea would be posting a "contest" right here in RCU and on their site advertising what they want.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
electricrc68
Banned

i would do it if i had a track around me!!! closest one is 1 hour away
Old 04-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Hack u 2

Great...now that you guys are supporting a Pro driver......our kits are going up $20.00 bucks..lol.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:08 PM
brew99

Yup, with the cost of sponsoring and marketing, has to be recouped somewhere, and the easiest is to jump each vehicle by x dollars. I agree with promoting the redcat name at local events, but are people willing to subsum the extra cost?

Old 04-05-2011, 03:14 PM
electricrc68
Banned

no. one reason i like redcat is because they are affordable!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
brew99

Keep them affordable, and the most "bang for your buck", and you will get people interested in them.   I'm just getting back into the hobby after 20 or so years, and when i was doing my research on what to get.   Redcat came up as one of the most bang for the money.   Because it is a relatively new company, the diehards are also gonna question the company, but with more positive exposure, you can slowly change that.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM
electricrc68
Banned

yep. i really think people don't like it because its new and have not given it a chance yet. this is my first redcat, and im giving them a chance. i have only had one problem so far, an adapter, but nothing too bad i guess. all i did was make my own deans-traxxas adapter.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Redcat Racing is not a manufacturer... They are an OEM reseller of Chinese designed and manufactured products branded for Redcat Racing. Please try and understand the difference. Traxxas is a manufacturer. You can't compare Redcat Racing and Traxxas because they are two entirely different business models. Traxxas designs their parts and cars/trucks and has end to end control over their designs. They can make all the changes and have all of the engineers, machines, tools, etc. needed by racers to have a competitive car/truck. Redcat has no engineers and is bound to the OEM manufacturer to make OEM parts for the models that they choose to import and sell in the US. Although a lot of pro or competition race trucks/buggies look relatively stock, they are actually highly customized from the factory.

If you understand this you will understand it as one of the key reasons why Redcat cannot support a race program.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:35 PM
buggyboy2010

Way to steal the thunder Dale, LOL.. But I understand. And I do believe Redcat could support and sponser a driver since they have all rights and licensing to thier products, Although after reading Your comment again.... It seems to be a hit at Redcat..

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Redcat Racing is not a manufacturer... They are an OEM reseller of Chinese designed and manufactured products branded for Redcat Racing. Please try and understand the difference. Traxxas is a manufacturer. You can't compare Redcat Racing and Traxxas because they are two entirely different business models. Traxxas designs their parts and cars/trucks and has end to end control over their designs. They can make all the changes and have all of the engineers, machines, tools, etc. needed by racers to have a competitive car/truck. Redcat has no engineers and is bound to the OEM manufacturer to make OEM parts for the models that they choose to import and sell in the US. Although a lot of pro or competition race trucks/buggies look relatively stock, they are actually highly customized from the factory.

If you understand this you will understand it as one of the key reasons why Redcat cannot support a race program.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mind when people make negative comments about our products as those comments help us in the long term to make things better... but when comments are made and they are not entirely true, than I must chime in.

Redcat does employ an engineer that helps us to make changes and or make products from the ground up. The Ground Pounder is our own design for one, and numerous changes have occurred on other vehicles as well. We do not solely buy off the shelf vehicles from our factories but instead we review vehicles and make changes that we find are needed. Often times we pay for new molds to make these changes and incur a lot of expense which in turn ends up helping other companies similar to Redcat that buy from the same factories. For example, when we review a vehicle from one of our factories, we will give them a list of things we would like changed. Most of the time these changes are better than the original design and those changes trickle down to the other companies that buy from the same factories.

To say that we can't do certain things and that we are bound to the parts offered by a manufacturer is incorrect.

Just wanted to make that clear.

In regards to pro racers working for Redcat, when we find our business model shifting from the beginner & intermediate user, than we will consider this as an option. It has never been ruled out and is still discussed often internally.

Darin
Old 04-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Hack u 2

Well Dale????? Now what do we say???? Just kidding but I liked your rant. And bottom line we are talking about Redcat on the trophy stand...who cares about the difference between traxxas as manufacturer or how Redcat operates...If you get to deep in that stuff you need other things to do! Don't lose the meaning of the message !
Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^that is why some of the models sold by redcat appear to be the same as exceed or himoto models, but there are differences. not all share the same molds or the same electronics.

and thats why ali has some redcat prototype vids!

there is no doubt in my mind that redcat is growing. i say, redcat should continue to take small steps, improving quality while keeping prices afforable(no small task!) we dont need redcat getting to big for their shoes. IMO, one of their best qualities is customer service. you call and get a person(often the same one!) call traxxas and you get a automated system. i like the "mom and pop" store feel of redcat.
while it could create an increase in sales for redcat to sponsor a racer and racing teams like traxxas does, the cost and time to do so would take away from the good work that redcat is doing now.

id like to see more models added to their lineup. brushless boats, more planes, a brushless solid axle MT, a shaft driven crawler and more. more types of models means a broader customer base. i think that would be better for the company than a pro race driver.

these statements are all just my opinion of course darin, you and the guys at redcat just keep up the good work!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:13 PM
kelynsdad1023

I wish there was a like button like they got on Facebook. Darin you guys put out great affordable products I own a Ground Pounder and Earthquake 3.5 .
Old 04-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Good input, thanks. Do you intend to pursue more in-house designs moving forward?

Perhaps my input appeared negative though it wasn't written to be that way. I just personally won't put Redcat Racing in the same bin as Traxxas or HPI until most if not all of your designs are in house and unique to Redcat Racing. I am entitled to my opinion, am I not?

So to clarify, you import a large majority of your products based on OEM designs and you are proactive in the OEM product improvement process going so far as to pay for part molds to improve your products. To date, you have released one of your own in house custom designs. I don't see how that is negative, isn't it the truth? Based on your momentum which is certainly impressive, I would hope to see more Redcat designs and Redcat designed products moving forward. I hope to see Redcat Racing as a standalone 100% in house design RC company one day that can put the innovation and technology heat on other manufacturers.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

redcat may not do 100% of the design work on their models, but their RTR's have changed the market!

they had 2.4ghz radios and included batteries and chargers....then traxxas started to do the same.
when a company like redcat steps up the value of its RTR's, companies like traxxas have to change as well.

to dale: i know you are not anti redcat. you comments have always been based on your experience with the brand and basic knowledge of the company. its easy for someone to take written comments the wrong way. and sometimes we redcat owners get a bit defensive

redcat is for sure the RC underdog! and who doesnt like to root for the underdog?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 PM
All-or-Nothing

Meh..........I don't feel like it would take much to sponsor a few drivers.

They don't have to hit all the races or travel all over the world. Plenty of "BIG" races right in the states and hitting just half of the "BIG" races would get the word out how competitive these trucks really are. There are lot's of local guys running Redcats and doing great in their club races. There are lot's of local drivers who could put a hurtin' on some of these well known guys. RC racing in 90% driver anyways.

Just my opinion....
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good input, thanks. Do you intend to pursue more in-house designs moving forward?

Perhaps my input appeared negative though it wasn't written to be that way. I just personally won't put Redcat Racing in the same bin as Traxxas or HPI until most if not all of your designs are in house and unique to Redcat Racing. I am entitled to my opinion, am I not?

So to clarify, you import a large majority of your products based on OEM designs and you are proactive in the OEM product improvement process going so far as to pay for part molds to improve your products. To date, you have released one of your own in house custom designs. I don't see how that is negative, isn't it the truth? Based on your momentum which is certainly impressive, I would hope to see more Redcat designs and Redcat designed products moving forward. I hope to see Redcat Racing as a standalone 100% in house design RC company one day that can put the innovation and technology heat on other manufacturers.
I was simply pointing out that some things that you said were not correct. Of course you can have an opinion, but if statements are incorrect than I must point out where the errors are.

To answer your other question about more in-house designs, the answer is yes. Our goal is to eventually design all vehicles ourselves and own our own factories. We are still a very young company compared to the bigger names. We also have never tried to compare ourselves to any other company. We do our thing and they do theirs. If by chance we overlap on some levels with other companies, than that is just fine too. The focus of Redcat has always been to offer an affordable vehicle for the beginner or intermediate buyer.

Darin

Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

I was simply pointing out that some things that you said were not correct. Of course you can have an opinion, but if statements are incorrect than I must point out where the errors are.

To answer your other question about more in-house designs, the answer is yes. Our goal is to eventually design all vehicles ourselves and own our own factories. We are still a very young company compared to the bigger names. We also have never tried to compare ourselves to any other company. We do our thing and they do theirs. If by chance we overlap on some levels with other companies, than that is just fine too. The focus of Redcat has always been to offer an affordable vehicle for the beginner or intermediate buyer.

Darin

Old 04-07-2011, 04:58 AM
formula87

Racing is the best way for R&D and fixing issues for manufacture..................!!!! I SCT racing with the Caldera SC!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:04 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: formula87

Racing is the best way for R&D and fixing issues for manufacture..................!!!! I SCT racing with the Caldera SC!!!!
i gotta admit, there is truth to that!^^^
Old 04-07-2011, 01:53 PM
iluvny081

if redcat comes out with a 2wd sct, which shouldnt be too hard to do because the twitster chassis are a good start, the only changes are to extend the chassis for the sct, and have body mounts to support a sct body, if these bacome available I will definitely without a doubt put that sucker in the winners circle, and often too. because in the words of ricky bobby, "I'm the best there is, its plain and simple, i mean...... I wake up in the mornin and piss exellence." hahaha jk, but I always do te best with the underdog, I took a stock slash from the box, put it on the track and won that night, the other racers didnt look too happy, I would absolutely love to see the look on there faces if they lost to a redcat.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: iluvny081

if redcat comes out with a 2wd sct, which shouldnt be too hard to do because the twitster chassis are a good start, the only changes are to extend the chassis for the sct, and have body mounts to support a sct body, if these bacome available I will definitely without a doubt put that sucker in the winners circle, and often too. because in the words of ricky bobby, "I'm the best there is, its plain and simple, i mean...... I wake up in the mornin and piss exellence." hahaha jk, but I always do te best with the underdog, I took a stock slash from the box, put it on the track and won that night, the other racers didnt look too happy, I would absolutely love to see the look on there faces if they lost to a redcat.
http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...LDERA-SC-10E_2

Old 04-07-2011, 02:18 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

ORIGINAL: iluvny081

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...LDERA-SC-10E_2

oops the link is to a 4wd SCT. my bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.