Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Rims ?

Old 04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
XtrmTJ
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims ?

I just got my EQ 8E. I got a few extra parts to boot. I got the 12mm to 17mm kit. Can anyone tell me the rims I need to get to use the stock tires ? Where to get them also? Nothing fancy, just plain jane rims.
Many Thanks !
Smitty
Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
masterhacker1989

Default RE: Rims ?

You may be better off getting new tires, Its hard as hell to get tires off the rims without ruining them. I'm pretty sure that the rims are the same as the tmaxx 2.5 ones, I would confirm this but im fairly certain, and as a added benefit they should make it wider:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2302&search=Go
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 PM
XtrmTJ

Thank you. I boiled the tires off the rims. Rims, tires and foams are fine. I'm on the hunt for 17mm rims.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
masterhacker1989

Those are 17mm rims. I measures my tmaxx rims and my redcat rims, tires should swap between the vehicles no prob. Those are Rpm Rims, so they should be super durable. Plus if they ever break rpm has a lifetime warranty.

I do have a suggestion for you though, strap/belt those tires. Before you go about that though was the tires out with dish soap/water Here's a link on how to do it (its real easy, and will stop your tires from ballooning check it out):

http://thinkomnimedia.com/pages/howt...owto=15&page=7
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 PM
XtrmTJ

Way Cool, TY ! Matter of fact, I was just doing this tonight, only using duct tape. I read it on here and thought why not, cant hurt, right. I am glad it has been prooven to help, thanks for all the info !
PS:Wife asked what I was boiling, I said tires, she said, you're not using our good pans are you? I said, we got good pans? LOL
Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 PM
masterhacker1989

I had a similar discussion about boiling tires with my GF. luckily I had gone to a second hand store and bought a crappy pan to boil my tires in
Old 04-23-2011, 05:42 PM
XtrmTJ

I am having a time trying to find the right back spacing I need on a 17mm rim. Found two diff 17mm rims at LHS but both had None to very little back spacing and would not work (clearance wise). Anyone know of some 17mm rims with the redcat EQ 8E backspacing ?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:28 PM
masterhacker1989

Those rims in the link should be fine, they have more backspacing then a stock Tmaxx rim, Heres what they say on the Rpm Site:
“StableMaxx” version which adds 1.2” of track width to the truck for confidence-inspiring, corner-ripping stability"

Like I said, give those a try, they should work fine, Your Lhs can probably order them for you if you don't want to order off the internet. The added benefit of those rims is that they are fairly cheap
Old 04-24-2011, 01:45 PM
XtrmTJ

Sir, you are correct, just ordered them, they are on the way. Thanks !
Old 04-24-2011, 02:00 PM
masterhacker1989

Yup no problem