Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ESC Programming

ESCPrograming ? Card, Box, Flashing red/green lights, Beeps. What do you all use ? Stock settings ? Drag brakes, Punch, ok now I am confused.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ESC Programming

OK, start with which model.

the ezrun 35amp ESC in the caldera can be programed with ease via a $10 program card(if it even costs that much)

the ezrun 80amp in the 8e's can be programed as well with a program card. closer to $20 for the card tho. i believe that rufaster.com and urchobby.com have them.

the novatech ESC in the epx pros does not need any programing. it auto detects end points, nimh and lipo packs ect.

those are the ESCs i know about. the others i have yet to use.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TY, I did some research and found I need an LCD Programer. I have a EQ 8E with a 80A Hobbywing ESC. Sorry for the Noob questions, but what is "drag Brake"? What is "punch" ? TIA !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Punch is how hard the motor kicks in when you nail the gas, i wouldnt turn it above 5, or it will just flip over. Drag brag is a brake that is automaticly applied after you let off the gas, it only gently applies it. Its kind of like a snowmobile clutch, you let off the gas, and it slows down on its own, i think its supposed to be a feature for racing, I dont use it
    Traxxas Tmaxx 3.3-WAAAAAY to much done to list
    Redcat Earthquake 8E-Completly stock

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

punch is also a nice setting to adjust the truck for the surface you run on.
    i use the lowest setting of drag brake on my 8e. a slight braking when you go to turn helps with turning.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Read the last post in this threadwww.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9906039/anchors_9909042/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9909042 He talks about changing the timing from the stock 15 degrees to 0 degrees. I assume to help with battery life/load on the battery?
    HPI Baja 5t
    Redcat Earthquake 8e
    XTM Mammoth ST
    Duratrax Evader
    Losi Mini T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The word on the street is that if you turn your timing all the way to 0, your motor will run cooler, and help with battery life, by not sucking as much power at once or something like that
    Traxxas Tmaxx 3.3-WAAAAAY to much done to list
    Redcat Earthquake 8E-Completly stock

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

OK, start with which model.

the ezrun 35amp ESC in the caldera can be programed with ease via a $10 program card(if it even costs that much)

the ezrun 80amp in the 8e's can be programed as well with a program card. closer to $20 for the card tho. i believe that rufaster.com and urchobby.com have them.

the novatech ESC in the epx pros does not need any programing. it auto detects end points, nimh and lipo packs ect.

those are the ESCs i know about. the others i have yet to use.
    As far as I know, you don't need the LCD programmer for the 80A ESc. I use the LED one on my aftershock 8e. You just don't get the USB update functionality.