Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

ESC Programming

Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 PM
XtrmTJ
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Programming

ESCPrograming ? Card, Box, Flashing red/green lights, Beeps. What do you all use ? Stock settings ? Drag brakes, Punch, ok now I am confused.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:10 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: ESC Programming

OK, start with which model.

the ezrun 35amp ESC in the caldera can be programed with ease via a $10 program card(if it even costs that much)

the ezrun 80amp in the 8e's can be programed as well with a program card. closer to $20 for the card tho. i believe that rufaster.com and urchobby.com have them.

the novatech ESC in the epx pros does not need any programing. it auto detects end points, nimh and lipo packs ect.

those are the ESCs i know about. the others i have yet to use.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 AM
XtrmTJ
My Feedback: (6)

TY, I did some research and found I need an LCD Programer. I have a EQ 8E with a 80A Hobbywing ESC. Sorry for the Noob questions, but what is "drag Brake"? What is "punch" ? TIA !
Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 AM
masterhacker1989

Punch is how hard the motor kicks in when you nail the gas, i wouldnt turn it above 5, or it will just flip over. Drag brag is a brake that is automaticly applied after you let off the gas, it only gently applies it. Its kind of like a snowmobile clutch, you let off the gas, and it slows down on its own, i think its supposed to be a feature for racing, I dont use it
Old 04-27-2011, 06:32 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

punch is also a nice setting to adjust the truck for the surface you run on.
i use the lowest setting of drag brake on my 8e. a slight braking when you go to turn helps with turning.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Excel22
My Feedback: (1)

Read the last post in this threadwww.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9906039/anchors_9909042/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9909042 He talks about changing the timing from the stock 15 degrees to 0 degrees. I assume to help with battery life/load on the battery?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 AM
masterhacker1989

The word on the street is that if you turn your timing all the way to 0, your motor will run cooler, and help with battery life, by not sucking as much power at once or something like that
Old 04-27-2011, 01:27 PM
brew99

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

OK, start with which model.

the ezrun 35amp ESC in the caldera can be programed with ease via a $10 program card(if it even costs that much)

the ezrun 80amp in the 8e's can be programed as well with a program card. closer to $20 for the card tho. i believe that rufaster.com and urchobby.com have them.

the novatech ESC in the epx pros does not need any programing. it auto detects end points, nimh and lipo packs ect.

those are the ESCs i know about. the others i have yet to use.
As far as I know, you don't need the LCD programmer for the 80A ESc. I use the LED one on my aftershock 8e. You just don't get the USB update functionality.