Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just bought my first Redcat Product

Well my kid was in a bad mood last night after losing his baseball game. I've been talking about getting the Earthquake 8e for awhile now so I thought I would cheer him up. So we sat down at the computer and ordered a Red Earthquake 8e from URChobby. Also picked up a washer kit incase the diffs need shimmed, wheelie bar and the 12mm to 17mm wheel adapters. We like to do hillclimbs so I'm looking for a good set of paddles tires and rims with 17mm hex. I asked Kurt to ship to my work address so the wife doesn't kill me if she see's any more RC stuff show up on the porch LOL! I will update once we get it and take it out for it's first run. Looking forward to getting it!
    HPI Baja 5t
    Redcat Earthquake 8e
    XTM Mammoth ST
    Duratrax Evader
    Losi Mini T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Just bought my first Redcat Product

man i wish my dad was like that. have fun!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hahahaha.. Thanks so much for ordering from us.. I let Kurt have one of every car we sell so he can drive em, bash em, find the problem, and help our customers first hand.. LOL!
    We got the order out this morning UPS, shipped to your alternate address and you should actually have it tomorrow seeming your close..
    I sent you the tracking number, lemme know if you got it or I can send again..

If you need anything let us know.. Email or call.. We're here.. Enjoy!! And better baseball days to you son =)

Thanks again!
    Dawn
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

prepare for insane wheelies!

i like my earthquake alot. its large, crazy fast and has tons of torque.

i already put on the wheely bar, alloy rear hub/shock tower/steering hub/"C"hub and i upgraded the steering servo to a higher torque one.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

prepare for insane wheelies!

i like my earthquake alot. its large, crazy fast and has tons of torque.

i already put on the wheely bar, alloy rear hub/shock tower/steering hub/"C"hub and i upgraded the steering servo to a higher torque one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Dawn thanks for the update. Looks like it will show up Monday Was hoping to have it for the weekend. Since I'm new to the lipo, brushless scene can anyone recommend a lipo charger for $100 or less? Also looking for some batteries with a longer runtime. Thanks!
    HPI Baja 5t
    Redcat Earthquake 8e
    XTM Mammoth ST
    Duratrax Evader
    Losi Mini T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Excel22

Hey Dawn thanks for the update. Looks like it will show up Monday **[img][/img]* Was hoping to have it for the weekend. Since I'm new to the lipo, brushless scene can anyone recommend a lipo charger for $100 or less? Also looking for some batteries with a longer runtime. Thanks!
    $60 charger. very simillar to the one i use: http://www.hobbypartz.com/skychb6chdup.html
    a pair of 2s 30c 5000mah lipos for $51: http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-2s1p-30c-2222.html
    you will have to change the plugs on those lipo packs to deans, so add $10 for the deans plugs.
    thats about $120 total for a charger and a pair of 5000mah lipos.
    hobbypartz.com also has pretty quick shipping. usually less than a week from purchase date.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry about that Matt.. I see UPS is holding it because it is in your area already. If you want give Kurt a call tonight (516) 499-7419 or email us what your looking for and I'll have him give me pricing.. He just got in some new chargers and also some really good batteries. Seeming you bought the truck from us he'll hook you up
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the heads up Dawn. I just sent you guys an email. Can anyone help me out with some tire/rim combo? I plan on doing some massive hill climbs with the 8e and I'm looking for some paddle tires. I found these but I'm confused when it comes to getting rims for them. www.philshobbyshop.com/catalog/viewsku It says to use a 3.8" rim but it lists the inner dia of the tire at 3.2" From what I read on a search is people say that it's a missprint as some stores say to use 3.8" and other say 3.2" rims and that the tires will fit on a 3.2' rim. can someone clearify this for me or point me to some paddle tires and rims that have 17mm hex and 1/2' offset. Thanks!
    HPI Baja 5t
    Redcat Earthquake 8e
    XTM Mammoth ST
    Duratrax Evader
    Losi Mini T