Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Caldera SC 10E

Does anybody have 1 yet? If so, how do you like it? What does it compare to? Pros and Cons? Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Caldera SC 10E

I have bought 2 Caldera's so that is how I love the truck . Very Very Fast ! Only thing bad is the banana plugs , they are yet to ship converters for them . Redcat told me a cople weeks and they should have the right ajustments for the plug type . If you buy talk to Nitrosportsandrunner he will hook you up fast .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there is not any other 4wd short course truck like the caldera really. it has a simple chassis layout, is balanced well and is fairly durable.
    its also very quick on a 2s lipo(as im sure you have seen in utube vids)
    compared to the caldera 10e, which soldier5050 has 2 off, its pretty much the same. just has scale tires instead of monster truck style tires and has a larger front bumper and SC truck body.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anybody ran them against any of the other SCT's? How did it do?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im thinking about converting my Caldera 10e to the SC version. What do you think, just a bumper, tires/wheel, and body, is that all it takes?

I'd also like to hear if others have run the 10sc against the mainstream sct, and how they compared.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: brew99

Im thinking about converting my Caldera 10e to the SC version.Β*Β* What do you think, just a bumper, tires/wheel, and body, is that all it takes?

I'd also like to hear if others have run the 10sc against the mainstream sct, and how they compared.
    the bumper piece(wider part) is from the aftershock. as are the tires.
    the bodies however, redcat does not stock them[]
    i have been wondering if a slash body would fit. the wheel base may be close enough to work.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Other then the body ,how is the parts support ? A LHS in my area was carrying Redcat he had a time getting parts. Sometimes when I would order parts from them directly, they would be out of stock. It's been awhile since I gave my Vortex to my cuzand traded my AS8E's.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I own the caldera sc 10e and it holds its own on the track and can take a beating. the spur gear (main gear) is the weak point if mesh is not done properly. You can use the sc10 and slash bodies but you'll have to modify the wheel wells about half inch in the front and back not a big deal though. I am going to be making my own aluminum chassis and adding about a inch in length so that its the same length as the other sc trucks.I am also going to do away with the funny battery strap. I will post pictures when i am done

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cul8tr

Other then the body ,how is the parts support ? A LHS in my area was carrying RedcatΒ* he had a time getting parts. Sometimes when I would order parts from them directly, they would be out of stock.Β* It's been awhile since I gave my Vortex to my cuzΒ*and traded my AS8E's.
    at times, redcat does run out of stock on parts. but their are online dealers who carry their own stock.
    www.rufaster.com
    www.urchobby.com.
    each of them have their own stock. so you have 3 different places to look for the same part.
    there may be other online dealer with their own stock. those are just the ones i know of.