Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Caldera SC 10E

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:30 AM
cul8tr
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caldera SC 10E

Is this truck actually 1/10 scale or is it the same size as the 4X4 Slash,Hyper 10 SC,Jammin SCRT,Nexx SC? Thanks
Old 04-10-2011, 12:27 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Caldera SC 10E

no, the wheel base is about 1 inch shorter than a slash.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:10 PM
cul8tr

That's what I thought . I wonder how it would do against the 4x4 Slash on the track? Thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: cul8tr

That's what I thought . I wonder how it would do against the 4x4 Slash on the track? Thanks
well, the caldera should have a lower CG due to the chassis' design, and i would think that would help its handling.
tires would be a major factor. the stock caldera sc 10e tires have a very tight tread pattern and are also slightly larger in diameter than the stock slash tires.

personally, i would think that with alittle tinkering the caldera would match the slash on a track. not saying its better, but its a solid design that would be simple to adjust to any track surface. just put on the right tires for the track, and tweak the suspension pre-load and camber....just like you would for any SCT truck.
i have 2 friends with calder 10e's who want to buy the parts to turn their caldera's into SC 10e spec. basically, tires body and front bumper are the main differences. although i did notice the ESC is in a different location from the MT form.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:06 PM
cul8tr

Is there a slipper clutch or a diff that might fit in the SC? How long will the direct drive last or hold up under race conditions?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: cul8tr

Is there a slipper clutch or a diff that might fit in the SC? How long will the direct drive last or hold up under race conditions?
my buddy has a caldera 10e. he finally stripped a spur gear when he ran 3s lipo on the truck. he is young, and really beats on the poor truck. but he hasnt had any other issues with the drivetrain.
on the stock 6cell nimh or a 2s lipo the drivetrain is almost bullet proof. its shares some parts with the 1/8 scales that redcat sells.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Tandy_mojo

I own the caldera 10e sc and its great. I've bean racing it at my local track and doing very well with it. The only problems are the servo (witch i replaced with a high quality one) and the Spur (main gear) witch strips out pretty easy if the mesh is not done good . It handles very well and is very well balanced i was serprised because this was my first rc that was not a big name. I own a T4, sc10, and a losi xxxbk2. my couple of my friends that bought the slash for $400.oo are wishing they saved some money and got one of these because i have bean kicking there buts. so if you get the caldera 10e sc make sure you have a few extra spur gears and have lots of fun.
obtw i'm not saying its better than the slash but imo it money better spent and can win races with the right set up

Redcat we need more gearing option and a little longer chassi if you are reading this.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Tandy_mojo

I own the caldera 10e sc and its great. I've bean racing it at my local track and doing very well with it. The only problems are the servo (witch i replaced with a high quality one) and the Spur (main gear) witch strips out pretty easy if the mesh is not done good . It handles very well and is very well balanced i was serprised because this was my first rc that was not a big name. I own a T4, sc10, and a losi xxxbk2. my couple of my friends that bought the slash for $400.oo are wishing they saved some money and got one of these because i have bean kicking there buts. so if you get the caldera 10e sc make sure you have a few extra spur gears and have lots of fun.
obtw i'm not saying its better than the slash but imo it money better spent and can win races with the right set up

Redcat we need more gearing option and a little longer chassi if you are reading this.