Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Caldera 3.0 stock settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 PM
RallySTI149

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caldera 3.0 stock settings

What are the stock HSN and LSN settings on the Caldera 3.0?

I'm about 3 tanks in, but we lost our place while tuning and now it wont start.

Problems we've occured:

1. Fuel wasn't passing through the line, we blew in it and nothing, it was like the LSN was way out of adjustment and wasnt allowing any fuel to flow to the motor. We made the LSN flush with the inner lip and had some better luck.

2. Wont idle, i have the carb set at 1mm, but as soon as you take the glow plug igniter off it would die.

3. during some figure 8's it was moving forward without me hitting the gas, but it still wouldnt idle and the gap was set to 1mm

We tried just about everything today i thought, now i'm just looking for the stock settings so it will start and idle properly

thanks for the help!!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Cha1nz

Default RE: Caldera 3.0 stock settings

HSN stock on mine was set at 4 1/2outsaid in book i tuned mine from that i closed it all the way and turned it out 4 1/2 then every tank went lean 12th turn but normal running setting is 2 to 2 1/2 out atleast thats what the book says

as far as the LSNjust set it in till when u pick the truck up the wheels dont turn should be good if it taking off on u with no throttle then its set to high.....
Old 06-06-2011, 07:08 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 out from closed on each needle should get you going.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:24 AM
RallySTI149

yeah turns out my clutch spring was broken before i could even get the thing broken in.  Ordered a new one and installed it, also ordered the piece of **** Redcat electric start gun and backplate which fell apart on me as well (piece of ****).  So right now my redcat is sitting in the attic, i bought a Traxxas Nitro Rustler which i should have done from the start.  It runs like a top and i've got 4 times as many tanks through it VS. the redcat.