Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

It had to happen some time!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:44 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default It had to happen some time!

my lightening epx pro finally broke something!

for months last summer and again this year i have been beating the heck out of this car. running a 3s lipo, doing jumps, running over rough ground and doing things you should not do with a touring car. yet nothing would every break!

well, today i put on some rally tires and drove it in a baseball diamond. man was it cool. i had my skyline body on it. the car is so fast and controlled well on the packed dirt ground.

then i heard that sound. the sound of a stripped spur gear.

not upset at all with my lightening. just amazed it has been so relaible!

also took my earthquake 8e out for some bashing. jumps, wheelies, big air, ground ripping torque. man, i love that truck!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 AM
NewRageRC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It had to happen some time!

Other than a bad one way bearing, the only problem I've had with my Backdraft 3.5 so far is that it's like a magnet for immovable objects.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:48 AM
ksheldon11

im talking to a guy about buying a red cat lightning well acually trading my xbox 360 for it, but i was wondering i see you say its really durable which was one of my concerns cause my local hobbie shop doesnt stock red cats, but i was wondering what kind of customization and upgrades can i do i like to tinker my dads big into r/c cars so im not worried bout breaking anything i always got him to help me thanks for any answers

Old 07-19-2011, 08:42 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Redcat has a good online parts ordering support too. They carry a lot of nice upgrades and are reasonable priced.
Like any other vehicle ever made if you hit it hard enough often enough it will break something but as far as Redcats go, for the price they are excellent.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 PM
xerxes

b4 u trade a xbox360 4 a used redcat lightning, u shood no u can get a brand new brushd redcat lightning epx fer 100$, shippd.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:12 PM
ksheldon11

wow thanks i dont think ima going to do this deal lol he wants about $300 worth of xbox stuff from me for this i found a better deal on a team associated, but i got my dad to order me the lightning epx lol thanks for the advice guys def. helped me and kept me from getting ripped off completly