Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Different gears for my Earthquake 8E

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Different gears for my Earthquake 8E

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
RunsWithScissors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different gears for my Earthquake 8E

I did some searching and found that Backdraft gearing was good for an Earthquake. I can't seam to find them on Redcats website. Can someone give me a link to where you guys buy your upgrade parts? I am interested in what gearing some of you guys have in your Earthquakes as well. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Different gears for my Earthquake 8E

where did you find that backdraft gearing was good for an earthquake?

the backdraft and aftershock use a 15t pinion
the earthquake uses a 12t pinion

so, if you put the 15t on the earthquake you will gear it up. this will increase top speed, but will also increase the load on the motor. it make cause it to overheat.

the BD and AS use a larger pinion to compensate for the smaller diameter tires.

while i can say for sure, i think running a larger pinion on the earthquake is a bad idea as it will be to much for the motor.

if you do decide to try it, i HIGHLY reccomend 1st installing the motor heatsink and fan upgrade.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:07 AM
rccb23

yes listen to nitrosportsandrunner the 15 tooth pinion is way too much for the eq 8e, the motor heat sink and fan won't help you either. I put a 15 tooth pinion my my eq 8e with the fan and the heat sink and was running on pavement, and i still smoked my motor...... but of course it's your truck you may do as you will
Old 06-09-2011, 07:32 AM
formula87

I ran the Backdraft gearing on my earthquake then switched it all over to 17mm and turned it into the Backdraft never looked back,,,, I was running the heatsick and fan also........ Kurt hooked me up with all of it.

http://www.urchobby.com/proddetail.php?prod=BS803-029  heat sink

motor fan http://www.urchobby.com/proddetail.p...803-030&cat=68

46t spur for Backdraft http://www.urchobby.com/proddetail.p...933-012&cat=68 the pinion is not showing up but I got mine from him also