Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Caldera 3.0 Hop Ups???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Cha1nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caldera 3.0 Hop Ups???

I baught a caldera 3.0 for my son about 2 weeks ago to give to him for his Bday on the 11th he will be 12 so figured its time he one to run with

me and my friends at the track we all run LOSI Truggies and Buggies for the most part and i figured for the price of 180 seemed like a good deal
i should have done research i guess truck runs great break in went great got the 6th tank in it and went to open it up and test it out on the street

no jumping or anything crazy just open the throttle and see what happens well half way down the road i turned it around hit the gass and

stripped 4 teeth off the cheap plastic spur gear in it.... Oh well ordered a steel spur gear put it on back in buisness then i go to upgrade parts

from plastic to aluminim hahah there are not hop up kits for this truck on the site??? there are some for every other truck or buggy or car but this

one so my question is will the valcano or one one of the other trucks kits fit this one? or what trucks out there by HPIor any of the other brands

will cross up witth the Caldera i just think its made rather crappy with the plastics they arnt very durable aluminim would be better but i cant find

anyting for it to upgrade it???? hate to give him a truck that he takes out with us and everything fails in the first 10 mins on the track lol....
Old 06-06-2011, 05:14 AM
onenut78

Default RE: Caldera 3.0 Hop Ups???

i've been looking into getting either a caldera 3.0 or a volcano s30 for myself. like you i noticed there are upgrades for the volcano but nothing for the caldera. if anyone knows of hop ups for these trucks and what other brands fit them it would be a big help, thanks
Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 AM
R-U-FASTER

Here are a few hop up parts for your 3.0
http://www.rufaster.com/search.aspx?find=Mpo
Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Cha1nz

thanks i'll oder everything on that list then and see what happens
Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Jus0NE

I this place lagit or what??? I want to buy this Rampage TT V3 1/5 Scale Gas Buggy...... Now with 30cc Engine & Steel Gears, is this the same Rampage tt thats in the redcats official web site thats list price @

$679.99?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 PM
NewRageRC
My Feedback: (1)

The Rampage TT you linked has a 26cc engine. I'm not sure if its an older version or what.