Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

EarthQuake 8e Wheel and tire help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:06 PM
chillymostly
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EarthQuake 8e Wheel and tire help

Hey guys i have question for you all. As we all know the earthquake 8e wheelies a little bit excessive. So my question is, what is a good 17mm hex wheel and tire combo that reduce the wheelie effect? thanks in advance.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 AM
masterhacker1989

Default RE: EarthQuake 8e Wheel and tire help

I dont think that your going to find a tire that will make it not wheelie as much, unless you run drifting tires
Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 AM
NewRageRC
My Feedback: (1)

The way to prevent wheelies without a wheelie bar is to reduce traction. You could upgrade to 17mm hubs and use buggy wheels and tires, which are narrower. But personally I'd make the change in my index finger.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
chillymostly
My Feedback: (19)

yea guys i just received my earthquake 8e today and it does not wheelie as much as i thought it did. but i did purchase the 17mm conversion kit just for a larger selection of wheels. thanks for the advice.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Dragonii

I put HPI Warlock rims and HPI Dirtclaw tires on my Avalanche. They are a bit smaller in overall diameter and make the truck a tad narrower. I would use RPM Stablemax rims if I had to do it over, they would make the truck wider, but Ilike the tires for off road. Just make sure you strap them with duck tape. They are lighter than the stock tires but the downfall is they baloon if you don't strap them, but then again so did the stock tires.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:35 PM
ThePenguins

ORIGINAL: chillymostly

yea guys i just received my earthquake 8e today and it does not wheelie as much as i thought it did. but i did purchase the 17mm conversion kit just for a larger selection of wheels. thanks for the advice.
how much exactly did you think it would wheelie?