Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Better parts for Tornado S30

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 03:56 AM
diltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better parts for Tornado S30

Hi,

Someone have any experience about parts HPI for Tornado S30 ?

I found HD driving remplacement HPI86276 and HPI86277 (HPI72107 & HPI72108 regular) and dog bones HPI86886 6x86mm.

The shaft is the same size standard 5mm. So, the large spur gear adapter (A882) can also fit and other parts http://www.hpiracing.com/kitparts/10053/

thanks

Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 PM
BeachBrad
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Better parts for Tornado S30

Anyone? I just picked one up. I have tried searching the parts that were suggested for the older versions of the Tornado, but tower no longer has those sites up. Please help! Don't want to have problems on day 1.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Better parts for Tornado S30

Many parts from HPI's less expensive lines like the Bullet or the discontinued Nitro MT2/RS4 have parts that are either identical or nearly identical. I've not found a way to cross reference these parts. It's always been a matter of someone posting where they have found replacement parts that fit from other manufactures. Often we'll read where someone has ordered parts from another company due to information from another member, only to read later that the parts didn't fit or work right. As far as finding replacement parts, eBay usually has a good selection of parts. Most of them are from "new tear downs" which works out good because a lot of the times the hardware is included. A good thing to do is lurk eBay and whenever you see parts for $3 - $5 with free shipping, order them and start building a backup box full of spare parts. Also, always remember when ordering a replacement part to order two, one for the repair and one for stock.