Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

hello? anyone there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello? anyone there?

the redcat forum has been pretty dead lately. whats going on? how is everyone?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:57 PM
rccb23

Default RE: hello? anyone there?

I've noticed the same thing and it sucks cuz I'm fairly new to this forum. But I still check every day
Old 06-29-2011, 06:58 PM
electricrc68
Banned

yeah thats not good. you may need help and not get a reply in days!!! then if you ask in the other car forums, all they say is: "sell that piece of crap redcat and get a new car" which in my own experience, redcat is not crap.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:59 PM
xerxes

redcat > losi
Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 AM
St33v3
My Feedback: (1)

Yep, it's pretty quiet here since a few days.

But that could be some good news: Our Redcat don't break so we don't need support from RCU users :P
Old 06-30-2011, 04:29 AM
xON3MERCx

I'm still here not that it matters any. But i would have to agree that i have had some good luck with my redcats these past couple of weeks and have not really need any help.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:56 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Were all out bashing and having fun with our redcats !!!  I feel a bash fest coming on.......
Old 06-30-2011, 05:45 AM
soldier5050

Everyone got tired of Redcats and went out and bought TRAXXAS . Just saying......................Or maybe that is just me ......................
Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 AM
xON3MERCx

HATER!!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 AM
masterhacker1989

I think that redcat needs to quit making new modles, and make some better parts for the ones they already make, I would like to see some more aluminum parts for the 8E series as well as a wide track kit for the 8e series. and some aluminum diff cover/bulkheads would be nice. I installed some on my tmaxx, and It increased the strength of it by 100%. AND BY THE WAY TRAXXAS IS NO BETTER THAN REDCAT! Ive broken my tmaxx  more than my earthquake 8E, Ive got about $1200 sunk into my tmaxx to get it to the point that it wont break every time I drive it, My earthquake, ive broken a couple of $3-$5 parts, I dont even want to think what ive spent in replacement parts on my Tmaxx
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 AM
electricrc68
Banned

seems like it is true that you guys are all out bashing i can't because my car is down right now masterhacker, i agree with you fully. i don't see enough upgrades and then you need to keep buying the stock parts which have the same chance of breaking as the last one.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:37 AM
edgeverse

I'm sorry Ihavent posted in a while, since doing upgrades to the eq8e and stuff, I have been out running and bashing and trying crazy stunts. I am getting a new truck this weekend (hopefully, its in stock) at a local hobby shop.

This is a great forum. I have learned much.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
St33v3
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: soldier5050

Everyone got tired of Redcats and went out and bought TRAXXAS . Just saying......................Or maybe that is just me ......................
LOL

Since I bought my Redcats, I sold:

- Traxxas E-Revo 1/10
- HPI Baja 5B SS

Old 06-30-2011, 06:19 PM
iluvny081

i have an aftershock 8e that i race with( or i should say used to race with, i also race stadium truck and 2wd short course,3 classes is too much to contend with) and it has been great the only upgrade it could really use is an aluminum or better quality steering link/servo saver setup, it seems like i need a new one every 2-3 weeks. i called redcat to ask them about it and the guy just said no, and then there was silence, not "I'm sorry your having an issue, but no we dont currently have any upgrade parts available for the steering right now" not even "sorry, but no" just a simple no and nothing more, then i asked if anything might be available anytime soon, i bet you'll never guess what his answer was? haha thats right "no" followed by silence. maybe im being too sensitive about this but i am kind of old fashioned and i beleive in being personable and service with a smile when you are in business. its not a big deal it just makes me feel like im not welcome to call they're customer support, so I wont be calling there anymore because my only redcat vehicle is going up for sale. its not due to customer service or it breaking alot of parts( aside from 3 servo savers/bell crank units and 2 screws in the front knuckles i have not broken a single peice) it is a good quality item. redcat i hope you are reading this and you do something for the other guys out there that race these trucks like i do/did the 8e series vehicles definitely need updated steering parts, for those you you out there having steering issues, my biggest peice of advice i can give you is change the bushings in the steering rack to ball bearings crank the servo saver down as tight as she goes, and shim the top and bottom of the servo saver. that will take alot of slop out of the steering.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:36 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: iluvny081

i have an aftershock 8e that i race with( or i should say used to race with, i also race stadium truck and 2wd short course,3 classes is too much to contend with) and it has been great the only upgrade it could really use is an aluminum or better quality steering link/servo saver setup, it seems like i need a new one every 2-3 weeks. i called redcat to ask them about it and the guy just said no, and then there was silence, not "I'm sorry your having an issue, but no we dont currently have any upgrade parts available for the steering right now" not even "sorry, but no" just a simple no and nothing more, then i asked if anything might be available anytime soon, i bet you'll never guess what his answer was? haha thats right "no" followed by silence. maybe im being too sensitive about this but i am kind of old fashioned and i beleive in being personable and service with a smile when you are in business. its not a big deal it just makes me feel like im not welcome to call they're customer support, so I wont be calling there anymore because my only redcat vehicle is going up for sale. its not due to customer service or it breaking alot of parts( aside from 3 servo savers/bell crank units and 2 screws in the front knuckles i have not broken a single peice) it is a good quality item. redcat i hope you are reading this and you do something for the other guys out there that race these trucks like i do/did the 8e series vehicles definitely need updated steering parts, for those you you out there having steering issues, my biggest peice of advice i can give you is change the bushings in the steering rack to ball bearings crank the servo saver down as tight as she goes, and shim the top and bottom of the servo saver. that will take alot of slop out of the steering.
lol welcome to modern day business.....

Old 06-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the hop up parts issue, unfortunately, that's beyond Redcats control (to some extent).

Don't get me wrong, Darin (the owner of Redcat) has a lot of influence over the manufacturer (Himoto) as one of their biggest VARs (Value Added Reseller), but at the end of the day, the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) is Himoto, and if they don't feel like R&Ding and tooling a part, there is little Darin can do about it. Darin is doing the exact definition of the term VAR, 'adding value'; he is taking a cheaper model and adding value to it by supporting it as best he can (lest we forget, the main problem with cheap Chinese models is that they are largely unsupported) and badging it as a Redcat. As long as you can get parts, Himoto/Redcat are real bargains for what you get. They aren't as bad as people say.

It would be unusual that Darin would not have access to any Himoto part, but bear in mind that some other hop up manufacturers may make Himoto hop ups, but not refer to the fact that they are also compatible with Redcats. Be careful though, not all Himoto parts are compatinble with all Redcat cars, buy at your own risk, I'm just putting the info out there, that there may be more available than you think if you are prepared to search and take a few risks.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:49 AM
lez1troubles

Totally agree with Foxy there, if you want to customize you buggy/truggy, no matter what make, you are going to sometimes adjust or custom make to fit whatever you are driving. This hobby lets you do just about anything YOU want to do to your vehicle. Take a risk here and there, do your own R&D and just share the info here on RCU as to what has worked and what has not worked so that maybe you REDCAT boys can help each other out instead of waiting for the manufacturer to bring out beafed up stuff.
Some times the manufacturers have people here on RCU (beleave it or not) just reading what is going on and later they catch on to what is happening and follow the hurd.
Good luck all you Deadcatz, see you on the race track.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:52 AM
soldier5050

have nothing but problems with Redcat and getting them to respond is crazy . They won't answer warranty responces . I have to many Redcat's anyoone need one ??? Traxxas Slash is a great truck had it four months and have nothing wrong yet use it 2 -3 hours a day . I bought the Ground Pounder the same day and ran a total of 1 hour for me and down again with gear problems . So to me I think like the guy said maybe worry about getting a good product out instead of worring about making a new model . The Caldera now that is as bad as the GP ....... I have had nothing but troubles and I do not beat the truck Ihave ran it in my yard and on my track and if it is not one thing it is another .. The Ground Pounder Ibought In May was a LEMON! Bought another one 2 months later and it has been really tough so maybe Ijust get the LEMONS . I am not a Redcat hater I love Redcat just wish they would get better quility so we do not have to work on them . If I owned only Redcat and did not have a Traxxas well then I would not have nothing to compare them to but I do . I want the Caldera Buggy but I am scared to get it , maybe one day will . Also wanted to get the Tornado but still scared to .
Old 07-01-2011, 07:59 AM
edgeverse

Persosnally, I like Redcats trucks. Although, I have only used one. The Earthquake 8e. Its a great truck. I did, however, do some mods to it. I took out the stock servo and replaced it with an EXI digital servo. Now my steering is dead on. Truck no longer wants to drift to the side when driving straight.

Anywho, I am happy with the EQ8e. But, the stock tires, kinda lame. They get fat and "inflate" when I pop a wheelie. Today, I ran my truck and again, had to pop some of the tires back onto the rims. Its not bad, just little areas.

Also, I am using a digital radio. FlySky's FST GTB-3. This is great.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:32 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plain and simple, they all break, all brands, all kinds, i own just about every rc brand out there, they all break..... At the end of the day i am fixing them all, traxxas, losi, hpi, himoto, redcat, you name it, i break it. If any of you know me, you know i have over 100 rc's in my personal collection, i love them all and hate them at the same time.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Dragonii

I haven't been around due to just plain being busy.
I have been working on my 1:1 truck (recovering the seats this weekend) as well as doing stuff around the house. I sprained my ankle really bad a week and a half ago and the our plumbing started acting up and out kitchen flooded, etc, etc...

My poor cars haven't been out of the closet in weeks.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:08 AM
xerxes

redcat darin himoto all of yous shood employ me as a rc developer / upgrade designr. my skills r unmatchd in da fabrication field. both rc & real life.

4 xample, my ground pounder axle brases

sheer plates. aftr i designd my axle brases, i buckld da alum chassis sides in a hed on collision "test".

1/8" steel sheer plates

my axle braces also protect steern linx

Old 07-05-2011, 05:17 AM
xON3MERCx

WELLSAID....

ORIGINAL: ehroof

Plain and simple, they all break, all brands, all kinds, i own just about every rc brand out there, they all break..... At the end of the day i am fixing them all, traxxas, losi, hpi, himoto, redcat, you name it, i break it. If any of you know me, you know i have over 100 rc's in my personal collection, i love them all and hate them at the same time.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:01 PM
squirlyproductions

I'm sorry to here all this.  I try to keep in touch with Darin and Dan as much as possible.  My name is Ron Graciano and I am a Redcat Dealer.  If there is something I can Help you with, drop me a message on my website www.squirlyproductions.us  and I'll see if I can answer any questions you may have.  My business is Custom promotional printing, certified metal fabricator, and a Redcat dealer. ehroof is right.  THEY ALL BREAK.  We own 43 acres out in Ocotillo Wells California, and I have had my Aftershock 3.5 running along side my 140 covair turbo sandrail and after the ride she is doing just fine.  It all depends on what you hit.  Remember, these rc cars are scaled down.  I wouldn't want to hit a two foot high rock with my sandrail.  I would break a shock mount , bend a rim, or rip out my oil pan.  Now if this happens am I supposed to say that Fibertech frames suck.  No my friend,  everything breaks.  It just depends how hard you are on your cars.  The only buggy that I messed up was my Backdraft 3.5.  I didn't have the failsafe set and she went full throttle into the curb at 30 feet.  The aluminum frame had a little bit of a bow to it but she still ran fine.  Truthfully, I was lucky I didn't do more damage than I did.  I also have a Traxxas T-Max that has cracked front arms that I didn't notice until yesterday.  They all break.  I want to help you out, so if there is anything I can do for you, please contact me.  Talk to you soon.

Sincerely

Ronald D Graciano
President, Squirly Productions

www.squirlyproductions.us
www.redcatracing.com
Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM
MikeFriery

To clear the air on this post, Himoto isNOT the manufacturer orOEM of any Redcat Cars, nor are they affiliated with us directly in anyway.

I would hope that someone with a "moderator" title would do a little bit of research before posting in this forum

ORIGINAL: Foxy

On the hop up parts issue, unfortunately, that's beyond Redcats control (to some extent).

Don't get me wrong, Darin (the owner of Redcat) has a lot of influence over the manufacturer (Himoto) as one of their biggest VARs (Value Added Reseller), but at the end of the day, the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) is Himoto, and if they don't feel like R&Ding and tooling a part, there is little Darin can do about it. Darin is doing the exact definition of the term VAR, 'adding value'; he is taking a cheaper model and adding value to it by supporting it as best he can (lest we forget, the main problem with cheap Chinese models is that they are largely unsupported) and badging it as a Redcat. As long as you can get parts, Himoto/Redcat are real bargains for what you get. They aren't as bad as people say.

It would be unusual that Darin would not have access to any Himoto part, but bear in mind that some other hop up manufacturers may make Himoto hop ups, but not refer to the fact that they are also compatible with Redcats. Be careful though, not all Himoto parts are compatinble with all Redcat cars, buy at your own risk, I'm just putting the info out there, that there may be more available than you think if you are prepared to search and take a few risks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.