Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

After run oil

Hi i just bought a volcano s30 and it is my first nitro rc car. ive seen a few videos on how to use after run oil but i was wondering if there is something special i have to do the next time i will use my truck... is there a special way to start it up because there is afterrun oil in the motor? or should i proceed as usual?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: After run oil

proceed as usual.  never use more than recommended (ie: if a little is good, a lot must be better) because you can hydrolock the motor.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2 drops in the carb and 2 in the cylinder is good enough, then just pull a few times to work it in the engine.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

thank you guys!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wondering if I should use after run oil myself. I've had mine a mon th so far and haven't used any. I usually run mine with no more than 3 days in between.  I know the nitro fuels have some oil to lubricate but should I do this if it's going to be a few weeks or more?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

use the oil when your done running for the day, a little moisture is what it takes to start some rust, can happen in a few hours.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I only use it when im storing my tmaxx for more than a week, Ive never had any issues. but its a P.I.T.A to start when I use after run oil. My engine im guessing has had about 18-20 gallons through it, and its still going strong
    Traxxas Tmaxx 3.3-WAAAAAY to much done to list
    Redcat Earthquake 8E-Completly stock

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its all good bro, i use it at the end of every running day, better safe than sorry for me. Nitro fuel attracts moisture thats why you should drain all the fuel from the tank, lines and engine (by running it dry) and giving a coat of oil on the engine parts to keep the rust away. You only need a couple of drops in the carb and engine (plug hole)..... My engines always start on a couple of pulls, even when they sit for years, i am always amazed by that too.... I have engines that are 30 years old, some older plane engines and all look nice inside and run great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seems to be a toss up with what people do after reading up on it. I started using it since the end of this week. Haven't fired it up yet, maybe that will be the deciding factor. Just thinking it will be better to have a hard to start truck or plug go bad, than have a rusted out engine and having to replace it.