Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

After run oil

Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 AM
D4nY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After run oil

Hi i just bought a volcano s30 and it is my first nitro rc car. ive seen a few videos on how to use after run oil but i was wondering if there is something special i have to do the next time i will use my truck... is there a special way to start it up because there is afterrun oil in the motor? or should i proceed as usual?
Old 07-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Goatcrapp

Default RE: After run oil

proceed as usual.  never use more than recommended (ie: if a little is good, a lot must be better) because you can hydrolock the motor.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 drops in the carb and 2 in the cylinder is good enough, then just pull a few times to work it in the engine.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:35 PM
D4nY

thank you guys!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 PM
lakesrunner

Wondering if I should use after run oil myself. I've had mine a mon th so far and haven't used any. I usually run mine with no more than 3 days in between.  I know the nitro fuels have some oil to lubricate but should I do this if it's going to be a few weeks or more?
Old 07-30-2011, 04:03 PM
ehroof

use the oil when your done running for the day, a little moisture is what it takes to start some rust, can happen in a few hours.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:30 PM
masterhacker1989

I only use it when im storing my tmaxx for more than a week, Ive never had any issues. but its a P.I.T.A to start when I use after run oil. My engine im guessing has had about 18-20 gallons through it, and its still going strong
Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 PM
ehroof

its all good bro, i use it at the end of every running day, better safe than sorry for me. Nitro fuel attracts moisture thats why you should drain all the fuel from the tank, lines and engine (by running it dry) and giving a coat of oil on the engine parts to keep the rust away. You only need a couple of drops in the carb and engine (plug hole)..... My engines always start on a couple of pulls, even when they sit for years, i am always amazed by that too.... I have engines that are 30 years old, some older plane engines and all look nice inside and run great.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 AM
lakesrunner

Seems to be a toss up with what people do after reading up on it. I started using it since the end of this week. Haven't fired it up yet, maybe that will be the deciding factor. Just thinking it will be better to have a hard to start truck or plug go bad, than have a rusted out engine and having to replace it.