Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Newbie with a Redcat Volcano EPX Buring smell????

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Newbie with a Redcat Volcano EPX Buring smell????

Old 08-06-2011, 05:45 AM
masterhacker1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie with a Redcat Volcano EPX Buring smell????

Get a hobby wing Xerun 80 combo, The oem version seems to be crappy I killed my motor/esc, then installed the 80A hobby wing xerun from hobbypartz.com, which is supposedly the same thing, and Ive had no issues, I think redcat is using inferior hobbywing esc's or somthing, and the motors are definetly of a alower quality. Ive heard good things about leopard motors too
Old 08-06-2011, 08:06 AM
jackstraw72

I went with a Tacon 3200kv motor and 60amp hobbywing from hobby partz and am very pleased .under 80.00

Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Caseycourtney80

Do I have to change to channel 2 on my am transmitter?  If so how do I do that?  I can't find that anywhere on my transmitter and nothing is working the way it is supposed to with the set up.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:33 PM
xerxes

u meen throttl reversin?

if u cant calibrate, evn aftr follown instructions & utube how to vids, flip ur channl 2 reversn switch frum N 2 R. or vise versa.

wut remote u usn?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Caseycourtney80

I have no idea. I just know that I had to plug the esc into channel 2 so I figured the transmitter had to be changed as well. I did switch the N to R and that did nothing. It's the stock transmitter that came with it. Don't know if this is what you are looking for but the only info I see on it is AM T-06. All I know is this little RC hobby I though I was going to get into has been a real pain in the ass and bunch of money. Too much damn frustration. I'm sure it's something simple for someone who knows what they are doing but the nearest hobby store is an hour away.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:36 PM
xerxes

uv soldrd on ur battery plug?

u shur da esc lead is plugd in2 chnl 2 correctly?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Caseycourtney80

Well, I got it to go in forward and reverse now but there is no steering at all. I called Castle Creations technical support and they said that it isn't the esc or motor. Now I have to figure out why it doesn't steer! Called Redcat....

Redcat is a BS company, anytime something is wrong they want me to ship the whole thing back to them for warranty but I have to pay shipping for one way. It's not cheap to ship a box that big and is not worth it to get Redcat crappy ass parts put back on it.

What is an inexpensive transmitter and receiver combo that I can buy? If I go to ebay can I just buy any 2 channel transmitter and receiver? I see there are a couple traxxas ones that are brand new for around 25 - 30 bucks.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
xerxes

so u convertd 2 brushless & now u have no steerin?

wen u wer fidgeting wit da esc, did u happn 2 move or switch da servo lead? steerin servo goz in2 channl 1. inda same color order as da escs reciever lead. castle esc receivr leads brown wire shood match up wit da servos black wire in channl 1
Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 PM
xerxes

p.s. u doont need a new radio systm, unless u fryd da reciever by pluggin da esc lead in rong. i think ur servo lead is unplugd or plugd inda rong channel or plugd in bakwards.

but if ur guna get a new radio, get dis 1. its actually a good sytem.& ull luv dis part.

its 2.4ghz wich means no crystals.

but wut ull luv bettr, is its only 20$
http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-g2-24ghz-radio.html

dont sound lyk u need it tho......
Old 08-15-2011, 05:58 PM
xerxes

wow almos 3 days n stil hasnt bin aprrovd yet. mayb i shood contact foxy, since hees da only competent car forum mod who actually upholds da rules of rcu, 1 of wich bein 2 aprove da comments of inocent peopl who wer rongfully put on ms.[&:]