Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

rufaster a ok with me

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
lhbrickman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rufaster a ok with me

I recently purchased a new body for my Earthquake 3.5 from rufaster. The body came broke. I called Mike and he asked for pictures. I sent them tohim and he sent me a new body. I feel this goes above and beyond normal customer service. Thanks again to Mike and rufaster and Im getting ready to order more parts.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Ncarmi101

Default RE: rufaster a ok with me

Great customer service is what keeps people coming back!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:22 PM
sherwoodGS

this isi just doing the right thing.  not sure it rises to the excellent service level though. 
Old 02-07-2011, 06:07 PM
1ofmyfuns

Mike could have easily said that the body was sent out in good shape and must have been broken after it was received...... that is something that could have easily been ones word against another.

I cantell yafrom my own experience that Mike and rufaster.com does for a factoffer excellent top rate customer service, I have dealt with Mike through email and also over the phone and he has offered " Excellent " service each time.

IMO this day and time when someone ora company offers quick understanding service such as part replacement without making you send the part back first, that" Rises toExcellent Service " which is not all that common anymore.

rufaster.com as well as many other dealers who are on this forum " Rise toExcellent Service " and are always very helpful in answering questions and helping out in warranty situations.

Peace

ORIGINAL: sherwoodGS

this isi just doing the right thing. not sure it rises to the excellent service level though.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:12 PM
sherwoodGS

IMO if you were given a key chain or a bottle of lock tight for your pain and suffering (in addition to the body that you were rightly owed), that would have been exceptional service. 
Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
sherwoodGS

I'm just bidding BTW, in case you didn't pick up on that.  i'm sure Mike is a great guy and offers excellent service.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 PM
1ofmyfuns

Iunderstand what you are saying, I"m not bashing here, just wanted togive a big shout out to Mike and all the others who really do go above and beyond for us customers out here, good service these days is hard to find and IMO most all of the fellas dealing parts and peices on here offer Excellent service compared to what I would call the norm.

Sorry if I sounded to agressive in my statements, my wife gets on to me about that all the time and tells me that sometimes Ishould just keep my opinions to myself............LOL!!!

Peace

ORIGINAL: sherwoodGS

I'm just bidding BTW, in case you didn't pick up on that. i'm sure Mike is a great guy and offers excellent service.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:36 PM
sherwoodGS

no problem brotha.  i love your quote by the way.....very very true....but we'll leave politics for other forums i guess.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:32 PM
lhbrickman

This site is full of opinions thats what its all about, you are intitled to yours. Now weather or not we listen to it thats a diifferent thing. I just thought I could let people no my story so they can feel comfortable purchasing from rufaster. I cant think of anything worse than opening up your package no matter what it is and finding it damaged. Then wondering how your going to fix it.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
sixturbosix

Thanks,I was looking for some Redcat parts so I ordered from these guys.Parts are not here yet but they have an excellent online system for tracking the order.Says they reached OH. and are now in transit to destination.The parts are for my 17 year olds Aftershock 3.5.It has been a great truck.It is really fast but it could not escape the wrath my 7.7 Nemesis placed on it during a head on collision.Poor little truck.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes mike is the best I have dealt with him quite often simply the best.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
SC-RCer

Let me tell you my experience with your good buddy's at RUFaster. I own 3 Earthquake 3.0's. Before ChristmasI purchased 3 new bodies from Mr. Mike. You can see all three of them on page 2 of the Redcat Bodies page of his website. They are sweet looking and available in Red/blk, Grn/Blk, Blu/silver, etc and listed as 1/8 truck bodies. Click on "view product" for one of these bodies and it states, "Fits all Avalanche, Landslide, and Earthquake models". Sounds awesome, some cool looking bodies for the Earthquake. NOT! I get the bodies and sneak them into my room to wrap two ofthem for Christmas for my sons. Of course I put the stickers on first so they look sweet. After Christmas the boys are stoked to get these on their trucks and take to the track to show off and I start to trim them and attempt to install and they are WAAYY too big. I do some research, leave 5 polite voice mails regarding the mixup over the period of 10 days, meanwhile re-order the replacement stock bodies from RUfaster (another$40) and finally Mike calls me. I explain the trucks I have andMike explains, " You don't have an Earthquake. You have a Earthquake 3.0. The Earthquake 3.0 and EQ3.5 are TOTALLY different vehicles then the Earthquake. The Earthquake is an older vehicle that was larger and similar to the current Avalanche." I can't return your money on 2 bodies that have the stickers applied because not everyone wants the stickers on them." If you want to, you can send the third unopened body back and I'll take a look at it and see ifI can refund anything for that one." I have spent over $250 in parts at RUFaster in the past year and I was appalled at Mike's attitude regarding an obvious misleading product description. Nearly $60 in 3 truck bodies and Mike tells me The Earthquake 3.0 is totally different than the Earthquake and this is not his mistake it's my mistake.
I wrote Redcat direct and they investigated and Darin from Redcat writes me and says we appologize for the mistake and realize that the product discription is inaccurate. Darin says that he can't get his dealer to refund my money but he gives me a $60 credit toward any parts bought direct thu Redcat. Redcat proves again to stand behind their products. They are AWESOME!! Mr. Mike on the other hand.... not worthy to represent the Redcat name. Try URC Hobbies for discount Redcat prices or stick with Redcat direct as there has never been a question of their customer satisfaction.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 PM
R-U-FASTER

If you want to bash our name to promote other dealers I cant stop you but you know the truth. As I said before if you ordered or received something wrong you may send it back for full refund as long as item are new and can be resold. We never received the items and never heard anything until now.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
1ofmyfuns

Mike, I personally want to thank you for the great service you have given me, if you remember I ordered a spur gear from you that was listed on the Backdraft 3.5 parts page and when I got it I found that it is actually the wrong spur gear for the Backdraft 3.5.
I called you and ordered the correct one from you which is the 39T Steel Gear you sale for it, although it wasn't my fault I got the wrong gear totally I also understood that even though the gear was New and basically unused, it had still ben installed on my Buggy and therefore no longer a "NEW" resalable item thats why I didnt make any kind of fuss about a refund or warrantee in any way, just a human error mistake for it getting listed on the wrong page of the site and also error on my part for not counting the teeth on mine before I ordered the gear.

So anyway I just want to say that you and other dealers here that I have dealt with are doing a great job and us.... the customer can save ourselves a lot of grief sometimes if we will look things over real good before we start using or altering things so we know for sure we have the right parts and pieces.

Thanks Mike and all the other great dealers we have here on the forum.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 PM
johnc240

Wow! I bought my Hurricane XTR from RUFaster (Mike), upgrades, and turned my friends on to his business also. He has
been nothing but honest, helpful thru e-mails for advise and all-around a great resource. First time I have posted, but I had to
respond.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 PM
rchobbyunlimited

You too are a great guy Mr Green a great customer thanks to you also and for the good exprince you had with mike.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:39 PM
1ofmyfuns

You are also one of the great dealers I am speaking of and have dealt with........! top notch service sir!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
SC-RCer

Personally, I was very disappointed that my experience wasn't as good as yours. I have quite a few RUFaster receipts on my hobby table from the past year.I'vealsostuck quitea few RUFaster business cards to the drivers standatmy club track.I was shocked at the response. I also was surprised by the frank response from Redcat and lastly I'm still suprised that the same product description is on these aftermarket bodies on the RUFaster website and unfortunately someone else will learn the same lesson I did. Live and learn. Nopromoting was intended, Just sharing experience so others can benefit from my mistakes. I'm glad you had good experience with Mike and Redcat because the Earthquakes are truly a good value for the money and having a dealer that you can trust is important because we all knowmany local shops don't carry Redcat.

I did speak to Mike regarding this issue on the phone personally and he was clear that this was my mistake andmade his return policy very clear. Redcat investigated and took care of me well above my expectation. All's well that ends well.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
rchobbyunlimited

ORIGINAL: 1ofmyfuns

You are also one of the great dealers I am speaking of and have dealt with........! top notch service sir!
Thank you sir.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
lhbrickman

I really didnt post this to anybody who had a beef with rufaster to comment with negative feedback. I apologize to rufaster for bringing this up at all. I do realize we are all intitled to our own opinions. I will just watch what I post in the future. Thanks again rufaster for another quick delivery on my parts.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 PM
1ofmyfuns

All is well that ends well,

it's hard to put feelings and true intentions into words on here and sometime something that is really not meant in a bad way can be taken that way real quick, we tend to take things others type or say based on how we are feeling about something at the time and that's how so many times it gets taken different than we meant it and misconstrewd. 

We all understand this if we are honest about it, it just happens...........and we all move forward and do the best we can..........!

Peace
Old 08-05-2011, 02:55 AM
muddogx

I HAVE NOTHING BUT GOOD TO SAY ABOUT REDCATS 1/5 SCALE RAMPAGE XB PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE MISSING OUT ON A GRATE LARGE SCALE FOR 1/3 OF THE PRICE OF OTHER CARS WE WAS TOLD NOT TO BUY REDCATS BUT AFTER WACTHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEO'S AND A LOT OF THINKING WE GOT ONE TO START WITH OVER 4 WEEKS OF RUNNING WITH NO PROBLUMS AND MAN IS THIS BUGGY FAST SOME WHERE NEAR 45 MPH TO 50 MPH IT'S UNREAL AND A GRATE VALUE MIKE @ RUFASTER WAS VERY UNDERSTANDING OF ALL THE PHONE CALLS AND ANSWER ALL OUR ?  WE WILL BE GETTING MORE OF THEM NOW THAT WE HAVE TESTED THEM @ OUR PRIVITE TRACK AND TELL OTHER'S TO BRING IT ON! WE READY FOR YOU !!!! THANK'S TIM IN S.C
Old 08-06-2011, 11:29 AM
lakesrunner

I've used them to stock up on some spare parts for my Volcano S30. Shipping was fast and items were all correct.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:17 PM
dragunz

ya, i like them to. i spent $200+ in parts and upgrade's with them.