Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Troubleshooting Redcat Caldera 10e

Ok so I gota new caldera 10e last year, july august range.It worked fine for the first two months, then it stopped working properly. i put it away to mess with some other time. Well a year later Im messing with it now. So the problem is that the first few minutes of racing it are fine then it will either: lose signal and launch into my woods full speed, take 1 second pauses when switching from forward and reverse, or the reverse wont work at all but the forward does. I have bound it with another controller, still not solved. I didnt get it in water. Ive driven it in not-dusty dirt areas and dry grass. Everything looks alright. It was shipped to me with the front right drive shaft bent, making the wheel wobble, and the back right tire itself (not the driveshaft) is wobbly also. Before I go any further by sending money for someone to look at it I want someone to give me an idea of what is wrong with it. I dont know if its the reciever or anything else. Thanks in advance

RE: Troubleshooting Redcat Caldera 10e

It's gonna be kind of hard for you to trouble shoot a problem like that with out having some other pieces to swap out.

Like in our store, I have extra ESCs, motors, receivers and transmitters that we use specifically for trouble shooting problems like that. It sounds more like a bad receiver, but it could also be the ESC is having a problem.

Where did you store it? In the house or in the garage or in an outdoor storage shed?
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its been stored in its original box in my room

Is the battery still good?

Does it freak out if you wiggle wires while everything is on?

Does it freek out if you wiggle the ESC wire?

Is the ESC plug not plug all the way into the Receiver?

Did the receiver antenna get cut or did you or someone else cut the receiver antenna off?

If you turn everything on and have a friend hold it and you walk away working the remote in a systematic way, like left right on the steering, does it start to freek out when you get a certain distance away?

Asside from that the only other way to test out the ESC, Receiver or Transmitter is to swap them out with known working components.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

all i know right now is that battery is good i charged it and it keeps its charge. i haventt tried the other suggestions yet. the antenna is in perfect condition.