Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

bannana plugs

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
triumph 67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bannana plugs

any one useing the bannana plug on the red cat caldera 10e or converting them over two something else? what do u suggest?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:11 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: bannana plugs

Its up to you...

You could change over to deans or traxxas style plugs.

But there are plenty of batteries out there that come with banana 4.0 plugs. I have a 2s 5000mah lipo with banana plugs that i use for my volcano epx pro.

And while the banana plugs are a bit bulky, they keep water out (unlike deans) and dont have alot of resistance (like tamiya plugs, which many redcat models used to have)
Old 01-12-2012, 05:18 PM
triumph 67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got a racer edge charger and bought the new leads that dont fit my hk nanotech 5000 or zippy 5800 both with bannana plugs still cant charge them thats why thinking about changing them
Old 01-12-2012, 06:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: triumph 67

just got a racer edge charger and bought the new leads that dont fit my hk nanotech 5000 or zippy 5800 both with bannana plugs still cant charge them thats why thinking about changing them
that sucks. My thunder AC6 charger came with banana plugs, among others.

If you can find a banana plug to make an adaptor for the charger, it would be cheaper than changing all your battery's plugs.