Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aftershock 8e **Stock Tires Are Horrible On The Track

Well I've had my Redcat "Aftershock 8e" for about 3 weeks now and I must say.... I'm very impressed.!.!.

I've been using it mostly on paved surfaces (streets and parking lots)... I've bashed it at a local golf coarse (after hours) and the truck handles pretty good and is blistering fastout of the box. The only issues with it so far are the shocks.... Redcat Racing has already replaced the 2 rear shocks last week due to defects (not holding fluid). Now the fronts are blown out too. Customer Support was very easy to work with and had new parts at my door within 3 days.. I'll keep you guys posted on how Redcat handles the issue with the front shocks.

Anyhow, back to the reason for this post....
    I decided to take my Aftershock 8e to the local outdoor 1/8th dirt track (very smooth hard pack) to see how capable it was...What a disappointment.!.!
    This thing was all over the place. I mean,I could not get it to hookup at all....on the straight away, going in to turns, powering out of turns. Even at 1/8th of the throttle the truck seemed completely out of it'selement.On a few occassions it barely made it over some very steep table top jumps....Ok let me explain this a bit. On the way up the table top jump the car would spin out of control and stall out half way up the jump. Then after I gained controll it had a hard time just rolling over the the jump. The truck would start drifting horizontally across the face of the jump, kinda felt like it didn't have enough traction up front.

I'm thinking the tires are just crap and the major reason for the poor handling, but even the servo wont center the frontwheels back to a nuetral position,which causes you tofight to straighten the truck out of turns and landings.

I did manage a few gnarly jumps and even some NOT so good landings....NO broken parts, this truck is ROCK solid (well except for the shocks).

I'm thinking about buying a set of17mm AKA PRO-5 wheels withJConcepts Double Dees or Goose BumpsTruck tires to see if that makes any difference in the trucks overall handling. I really want a wide tirethat will providea lot of ground contact, but that wont balloon too much.

Please feel freeto provide me with any feedback as to whatI might be able to do to improve the Trucks handling.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aftershock 8e **Stock Tires Are Horrible On The Track

i was doing research before i bought my caldera sc and noticed that alot of people put s1/8" holes in there tires every 1/4 turn or so... i did that with mine and hit helped alot more then i expected...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's the reason for the holes??? I'm wondering if that causes the tires to run flatter and softer?? Well might be worth a shot.

Thanks for the info.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not sure if this helps or is relevant: but...

On my backdraft, i put rulux wheels and jconcepts double cross tires on it. Took it to my local track..
    it handled well. hugged turns, the tires really grip into the dirt/clay.

ps:

it zoomed past all the SC trucks LOL
    3D Comics/3D Art
    edgeversemedia.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was actually considering those tires, but saw a few more good reviews on the Goose Bumps.

I'm gonna checkout those Rulux wheels.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The goosebumps tires are great for racing. YOu will like the rulux wheels.

My wife and I also have the HPI blitz, and the stock tires are not too good for racing, we use double d's.

3D Comics/3D Art
    edgeversemedia.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

supost to allow more tire to make contact with the surface..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just checked them out..Cool design and right in my price range. Only thing is, Yellow aint gonna look too sharp on my Red/Blue/Blk Truck and I'm not really feeling the white ones.

Have you got a chance to look at AKA Pro-5? Nice beadlock look and would look sharp on SC Trucks...IMO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi guys, i drive an aftershock 8e and i bought proline trencher and they work really great on track. and there is the new tire from duratrax. lockupline sc, they will be avalable in septembre. those 2 option work great on track condition for the aftershock..

http://prolineracing.com/tires/trenc...-black-wheels/
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBAHY&P=SM
    bought it with plastic weels glue on tire.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So are there any other " Aftershock 8e " owners out there that have logged in some track time with their Aftershock? If so, how did it handle? If you had to do any upgrades/mods in order to make it track worthy.....what were they? All feedback is greatly apprieciated.

Thanks