Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Earthquake 8E batteries suck

So one of my earthquake 8e batteries decided to puff up on me today, funny thing is I charged it like a week and a half ago , and it was sitting on a plastic shelf (so it didnt short out) I went to go use it today and I found that the battery puffed up and popped the case open. I have 2 sets of turnigy batteries and theyve had the hell used out of them, and Ive never had a issue. The stock redcat batteries have been used like 15-20 times, I have the esc's low voltage set higher than stock, from what ive heard these batteries have a problem with puffing up. So FYI watch out for them. And no im not hating on redcat, im saying watch out for their batteries
    Traxxas Tmaxx 3.3-WAAAAAY to much done to list
    Redcat Earthquake 8E-Completly stock

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Earthquake 8E batteries suck

Be cautious with ANY Lipo battery. Truth is that Lipos are just a lot more prone to issues than the old tried and true Nicads and Hydrydes . Ihave had some of my best name brand Lipos puff while my El Cheapo batteries soldier on.
    Who can say the cause, I was a quality control supervisor and I know "schtuff" happens.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

u fully chargd it a week & a haf ago? dats 2 long 2 store at full charge.

Lipos can stay charged for up to a year or more with no problems. That's the nice thing about lipo batteries, you can charge them and store them for long term incase of an emergancy and so on. They have a very very low discharge rate so they have a long shelf rate.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

here is a small investment suggestion. go to hobbyking.com and by 2, 2cell lipo 5000mah. the cost around 20 to 30$ each. the cost is low and a great value. i use lypo from them from about 3 years now, and i havent have a problem with them... have fun!!!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...case_pack.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so ur sayn dat storin a lipo batt fully chargd 4 xtended periods of time 'wont' raise da packs IR?
    den y do so many chargers have a charge, discharge, & store feature?[&:]