Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

glow plug

Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
D4nY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glow plug

what is the difference between a hot, cold and medium glow plug? how do i know wich one to use?? i own a volcano s30
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: glow plug

The hotter a plug is rated the sooner it will ignite the fuel. Igniting the fuel sooner ensures more complete combustion , too soon and it wil detonate.
Generally run the coldest plug you can for maximum fuel efficiency since you can run slightly leaner on the high speed without melting the engine, but hot enough to maintain the idle. Too cold a plug will cause the idle to load up and flood out considering proper needle adjustment.
when you run more nitro you should use a colder plug.
Irun Merlin 2001 plugs in my volcano S30 and they work great with my 15% SIG Champion fuel.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 AM
lakesrunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: glow plug

I'm currently running an o'donnell #100 medium plug in mine, with o'donnell 20%nitro/8% oil.The original stock plug had an R3 on it which worked great also, I've had no trouble tuning with either. I've used both plugs in 70-95 degree weather with very high humidity.