Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

volcano drive train question

Old 08-07-2011, 09:43 AM
chumly222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volcano drive train question

I have a volcano S30. the right front dog bone fell out and bent. It also broke the cup next to the differential. Is the cup replaceable or do I need to buy a whole new differential?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:46 AM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: volcano drive train question

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/Redcat-Parts/02016
Is this what you are looking at?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 AM
chumly222

Yea. It looks like that. it comes out of the differential. the dog bone goes into it
Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 AM
chumly222

I dont think that is the right part though.  This comes right out of the front differential. Must be some kind of a shaft that goes into the differential and the drive cup is hooked to it. The cup does not have a set screw on it. I am wondering if the shaft pulls out of the differential or if i have to buy a whole new one just to replace that cup. The dog bone musta broke the cup in half. pins are gone in the dog bone too so i know I need a new one of those.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:00 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: chumly222

I dont think that is the right part though. This comes right out of the front differential. Must be some kind of a shaft that goes into the differential and the drive cup is hooked to it. The cup does not have a set screw on it. I am wondering if the shaft pulls out of the differential or if i have to buy a whole new one just to replace that cup. The dog bone musta broke the cup in half. pins are gone in the dog bone too so i know I need a new one of those.
Those drive cups have to be removed from inside the diff. You take the diff out and remove the gears from it and there is a small E-clip inside that you remove and the drive cup slides out. You need these parts.

[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/222_2_19_35/products_id/77]Drive Cup C[/link]
and
[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/192]Drive Shaft[/link]
Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know how the differential comes apart you may need this. http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/Redcat-Parts/02024
3 minutes faster than me.
There ya go, the drive cups. Wish the schematic was better.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:08 AM
chumly222

The drive cup im talking about is the one that comes out the right side and goes to the wheel. I'm assuming you are talking about the same one Allaboutfunhobbies? Guess I will order the parts and wait till they get here. Truck is still driveable. It is just 2wd instead of 4wd. thanks for your help
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Ya that's the stuff you need. The part drive cup C comes out the left and right side of the diff and the dog bones are the ones that go to the wheels.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:57 AM
chumly222

ok. thank you so much. I'm new to the nitro truck world and also addicted now. guess I will be putting in some overtime at work so I can keep buying extra parts and such. LOL
Old 08-07-2011, 03:22 PM
FatherDeath

now your sounding like me... i got my 1st truck about 3 weeks ago and by the end of the week there will be 5 total in the house