Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Whats with redcats' shipping?

Old 08-25-2011, 12:47 PM
chumly222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats with redcats' shipping?

Why does it take 8 or 9 friggin days to ship something 2/3 of the way across our country these days unless I wana pay out the ying yang to get my stuff 2 days sooner? Not happy with redcats' standard shipping. I ordered parts Aug, 20th at 3AM, and it wont get to my house till the 29th!!!!!!!!!!!!!? That's just crazy!!!!!! Thank god my mailman dont take that long to deliver my house payment to my mortgage company or I would be the richest homeless man ya ever met.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Redcat_Mike

Default RE: Whats with redcats' shipping?

Hello,

we certainly apologize. It typically takes 5 business days for a package to reach the East coast from us here in Phoenix. There's not alot we can do about it , as those shipping times are a reflection of UPS Ground's service. Also, we are closed on the weekends, so your order didn't process untill the 22nd.

One option would be to try USPS, if your order is just small parts. Since they deliver on Saturdays, it could speed up your arrival time.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:26 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might try using a closer retailer, such as URCHobby. I'm not certain where everyone is located. I'm in Montana, so ordering from me would be worse the ordering from Redcat. URC is in NY if Iremember right.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:51 PM
R-U-FASTER

Yeah, like Foxys said.. There are dealers all over the US, if you google redcat parts you will find more dealers as well as hobby stores that may be closer.

Good LucK!

Mike
Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 PM
foxys

Sorry Mike, would have mentioned you, but couldn't for the life of me remember what part of the country your in. 
Old 08-25-2011, 04:06 PM
jeffie8696

Our store carries inventory for our local customers but even then its hard to have every car on hand it would just cost too much in inventory.
We have about a dozen now and probably 6 more on the way. We have also started carrying most commonly replaced parts , if someone breaks/loses something we buy two and put one on the shelf .
Old 08-25-2011, 04:21 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

as a dealer, and customer, i also wish redcat's standard shipping was faster.
but i also sell many used RC's and know how pricey shipping it today.
i just shipped a rustler vxl, with 1 batt and a prophet charger. $22 for Parcel Post! it was a crazy $39 for priority.
shipping takes a big chunk out of anyone in the RC industry, from company to distributor to hobby shop.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:39 PM
jeffie8696

It would be nice if we could be a certified Redcat repair center so we wouldnt have to send them in for warranty.
I have done several repairs just for the convenience of the customers with no compensation.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:47 PM
R-U-FASTER

ORIGINAL: foxys

Sorry Mike, would have mentioned you, but couldn't for the life of me remember what part of the country your in.

No problem foxys

We are located in Northern Ky, less than 10 minutes north of Cincinnati Oh and about 15 min to the west your in Indiana. Pretty nice area not to mention being close to two other states you can always find something fun. Gravel Rama is going on this weekend, know for great sand drags and hill climbs not to mention the rc crawler guys will be out in full force. LOL
Our retail store Hobby Villa will also be hosting and sponsering our first RC boat regatta this weekend as well, that should also be a lot of fun.
Have a great weekend and if your in the area look us up.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
foxys

Just in comparison, Ialso order from a LARGE distributor (okay, it's the biggest) it takes them 2 to 3 days to even ship my order, then it takes just as long as Redcat. The problem isn't Redcat, it's that brown van. Love it or hate it, they only move to their schedule, and shipping heavy stuff just doesn't work with USPS, not to mention both USPS and Fed-Ex have the worst tracking systems made. Iliked DHL, but well, that's no longer an option. Pretty much stuck with what we have.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:32 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I don't know, I get stuff from HRP in Utah and it only takes 3 days and since we're a dealer usually our orders with them are a couple thousand dollars. If I order it monday morning my order is pulled, packed and on a truck by 2pm in the afternoon and I have it by 3pm on Wednesday like clock work. Our orders on our website are picked and shipped in the same day and out the door on a USPS truck or UPS truck by 2pm. Unless we run into a problem or something has to be drop shipped from somewhere else.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 PM
foxys

Maybe I should get in touch with HRP.  GP sucks.  They have screwed me over, lost shipments and are generally not well priced.  They upfront say they only want to deal with major dealers ordering 10,000 per month.  Horizon is just as bad as GP.  Does HRP still carry Associated?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:05 PM
chumly222

Thank you for all the feedback. I did see an option when I checked out to ship USPS. guess that woulda been a good idea since all I ordered was a cpl dogbones and driveshafts. I now understand that it isn't redcats fault. sorry for venting.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 AM
soldier5050

Wow you are getting it fast . Ihave filled out the Warranty usually takes 2-3 days before a answer then they give you a stupid answer . Once you finally get the ok to get the part then it takes another 3 days to get it processed for shipping . Then they send UPS and takes another 7 days to get it so man my friend you are getting it like overnight compared to what Iget . I live in the midwest so not that far away . I get packages faster from Japan ! Oh well that is what you get when you settle for REDCAT........................
Old 08-26-2011, 04:06 AM
soldier5050

another thing if you can buy Ebay you can get it for the fraction of Redcats price........ Still waiting for my ESC for my GP that I have been given the run around since Monday . Already 5 days and still not shipped . Looks like Iam not the only one having problems !!! Yes Iam still *****ing.....................
Old 08-26-2011, 12:58 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: foxys

Maybe I should get in touch with HRP. GP sucks. They have screwed me over, lost shipments and are generally not well priced. They upfront say they only want to deal with major dealers ordering 10,000 per month. Horizon is just as bad as GP. Does HRP still carry Associated?
Some stuff, I'm pretty sure they are selling off their inventory though, because as a dealer you should know by now that GP has bought out Team Associated, Thunder Tiger and Ace, they are now GP proprietary products and the quality of the new stuff has already started to go downhill, which is too bad, AE was kick butt stuff up untill a few years ago when they sold out to Ace and ace moved everything over seas to a china facility. AE was the only R/c company actually manufacturing cars in the US, everyone else including Traxxas is made over seas in China.

Frankly I haven't ever had a problem with GP, I hate Horizon they are the worst money grubbing Company on the planet, next to walmart [:'(] , I don't buy from Horizon unless we have to for the losi fans. Almost all of our product comes from HRP or GP, a little bit from redcat and we've recently started importing chargers, batteries, Helis, tools, tires and rims from over seas, we got our first two pallets the other day.

Neither GP or Horizon care about the dealers, all they are out to do is rip you off and then undercut and sell to the public and ruin your local economy and then everyone in a small town runs around wondering why their economy sucks and why all the stores are charging so much for the product they have (i mean any stores, like the local whatever store). They reason your small town economy sucks is because you keep buying the crap online and eBay or where ever and putting all your money into my economy, that's why my economy is rockin and theirs tons of jobs. Stop buying from NitroRCx or hobby king or whoever and go to the local guy and pay the extra $20 or whatever, the service you'll get is worth the extra $$

A good example would be a kid who came into our shop looking at Redcat Cars, we have our cars in the shop priced at Redcats Map prices, which is more than Ebay (we have bills to pay that joe shmoe screwing your economy doesn't) he said he found it with everything for that same price we had the buggy alone. I said cool go get it, have you ever owned a car before, he said no never, I said cool, go get it then, but if you do your gonna be back here paying us the $25 an hour to help you get it running, where as if you buy it here, we'll help you out for free, you get $175 in free labor when you buy it here. He said no that's ok, so he went home, bought it on ebay came back two weeks later had no idea what he was doing, broke his pullcord, that cost him, $25 bucks and another $25 for us to reset the tune and get it running, then another $45 to break in the engine. Then he went home and ran it, but he didn't know about taping the batteries and he jumped it and the battery popped out and it ran off and cost him $39 in parts and $30 in labor, add it up folks, thats $134 dollars in cost him in less than three weeks. If he had bought it from us to begin with and paid the $40 more it would have saved him $134 dollars, For the $175 in free labor you get, plus we would have told him about taping the batteries and about not pulling the cord out too far and would have helped him start it if he wanted and even helped him break it in for free and tuned it. So all in all we made more than we would have if he had bought the car from us, but he would have spent more time in the hobby enjoying it instead of 4 weeks of hell hating it. He ended up out of the R/C hobby with in 5 weeks, that happens way to much. I know some of you don't have shops near you so that's one thing, but for those that do go in the store and think about helping your economy thrive instead of killing it.

We're so help full and have such a good rep that our customers on a budget will come to us and have us go on hobbyking or xheli or nitroplanes or where ever and order the item they want even though some of the places we can't get dealer accounts and the price is the same for us as it is them, they have us buy it and they are ok that we marked it up $10 or $15, they know the money is going into their economy and helping to keep a hobby shop open when there are so many closing their doors. Think about it next time your sitting there about to order something on Hobbyking or Xheli, maybe go see if your local store will order it for a few dollars more than the price you see if you pay the shipping you are going to have to pay anyway. They may surprise you and it could be a good thing for everyone. Help spur the US economy and your local economy, check with your local stores first.

Anyway I think i rambled enough. I'm not trying to offend anyone or piss anyone off, I'm giving it to you from your local stores perspective so maybe you understand why they are being rude to you when you come in.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM
foxys

Iknew about the AE, TT, and ACE BS. I'm still mad about that. But Ihave to agree, AE quality is aweful. they can't make a gas tank that lasts a full season, broken steel parts, etc. People are down on Redcat quality, and frankly I don't see where anyone else's is any better. I've got quite a good following up here with Redcat, and they compete well with the AE's and Ofnas we also have running. In fact first place in 1/8th Truggy is a Monsoon, with about $50 in upgrades, Inever even got around to putting a roto start on the thing.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:06 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I love the monsoon and I loved the old style hurricane and the Original Earthquake those were great sellers and they were tough as nails. AE's quality has gone down hill since they sold the company to ACE and now GP is just gonna ruin them instead of make them better like HH does to Lois, the Losi 22 Roller is a bad A@@ buggy.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:15 PM
jeffie8696

Allabout
Iam seeing the same thing in our store, people dont have a clue and end up paying me to fix their stuff they bought elsewhere but when they buy it from us they get a complete tutorial because Idont want to see it come back with an unhappy customer .
Ido a huge amount of work for free !!! But only if they buy it from us.