Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano S30 Questions

Old 09-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Kristoffer_E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano S30 Questions

Hey,

Ilet my 11 year old cousin run my s30 while Iwent inside for a few minutes, and when Icame back she had managed to strip out the 17t and 27t gears (differential gears?) in the center diff. MyLHSdoes not stock Redcat, so are there any other manufacturers' gears Icould buy, nylon, steel, whatever, to get it up and running for the weekend? As much as Ilike Kurt at URCHobby, Iwouldn't get the parts to Utah from NY in time for Labor Day. The servo saver was also broken in half. Is there some reason Ishouldn't try to superglue it back together, or would that work just as well as a new piece of plastic?

Also, when the SH .18 Ihave in it rollsover and dies, would it be a bad idea to shove a SH .28 into it? I'm confident Icould modify the mount to fit the Volcano chassis, but would the clutch bellfit, and would it just be too much power for the S30 tranny to handle?

Finally, has anyone tried to put an oversized fuel tank in a Volcano? The stock one is fine, but I'd like longer runtimes, if anyone has experiance with that kind of thing.

Lots of questions, Iknow. Thanks in advance,

Kristoffer
Old 09-01-2011, 05:07 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Volcano S30 Questions

i havent found anything that you can use besides the stock spur gear, not sure what you mean by the servo saver broken in half, its supposed to have a split in the middle, thats what give in order for it to absorb the shock of hitting something, maybe its just loose, there is a nut on top that tightens up to make the servo saver stronger. If there is a crack most likely super glue wont hold, maybe some strong epoxy may get you some runtime. you can put a .28 in it, i have done it to a couple of rc's that i have, just have to redrill the chassis for the engine to sit back further. nothing larger will fit where the stock tank fits but i am sure there is a way to zip tie a big block tank on that top plate.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:17 PM
lakesrunner

Would a .21 SH work easier? or, would we still have to drill holes for the mounts?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:44 PM
ehroof

still have to drill, .18 and smaller engines use basically the same blocks, .21 and larger use basically the same, the .21 is much larger. the trx3.3 is a .20 and will most likely fit with no drilling, its has a smaller block then a .21.....

I put a .26 losi in a mamba/tsunami.

Here is a link to a youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQy-7qEgr2k
Old 09-10-2011, 11:33 AM
lakesrunner

Watched the video, that has some wicked low end. A wheelie bar wouldn't even tame that, have to strapsome lead weights to calmit down a bit lol.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
ehroof

Yeah, maybe 5lbs would work.