Having some problems... and I'm not too happy with this Caldera right now.
1. Transaxle rattle.. same as posted in this forum.
2. Remote control only goes to about 30 yrds, and then complete control loss... which means it may slam into a tree or fly off a cliff.
3. After 1 battery worth of use, 2 of my lower shock screws are gone...
4. Reverse needs tweaking
I am frustrated with this truck.
My friend brought his Traxxas over, and the Caldera SMOKES it, and out climbs it... but he retains control of this for at least 50 solid yards. (Long antenna on his remote)
I can't even stretch this things legs all the way it is so limited with range.
Granted, this is one of my first rc vehicles other than a chopper, but I certainly expect more out of the box for 190.00. Especially if you have to spend 75.00 on upgrades just to make it work decently.... Why not just buy a better one ?
I would truly appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do to make this thing work well. I like it, I just think it has some weaknesses that make it annoying.
I've had it 2 weeks and only gotten 2 batteries worth of use because of things breaking.
Only thing I have done so far is get two 7.4V batts... makes it run great, and has good life, if the truck would stay together.
-and I'm only running it on flat ground in a park... nothing crazy.
1. Can I upgrade the transmitter? Is it worth it, or should I just get another truck instead ?
2. Do I need to replace the transaxle, or can I just run it until it stop functioning?