Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Disappointed with your "support"

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 03:27 PM
willig10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disappointed with your

Yep that's how warranty works to the benefit of the manufacturer. I am sorry but I do not believe in this tactic. The buyer already paid for the product and as such it should be reliable enough to last not only to the end of the warranty period but beyond. If you believe in your product and it's so called ruggedness then when a user has a problem during the warranty period it should be the manufacturers responsibility to get it back to their factory for disposition.

THATISHOWAWARRANTYWORKS.

You can twist it to fit your agenda any way you like. However joe public wont stand for it for long. It is a rip off to not take care of the customer. Bottom line it should not be shipped at the customers expense during the warranty period.

The RC industry has been able to utilise this practice and it is just another way to protect the manufacturer from having to lower it's profit potential. As I said before. If you put out a product that is robust enough to last through the warranty period then you wouldnt have all these people sending junk back that does not work PERIOD.

Glenn Williams
Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 PM
rootbeerslop

Let me refine this post with less bashing...I'm trying my best to be an adult here.

RC HOBBY Unlimited..... I'm totaly blowing a gasket with your logic...

You think you can sell people broken goods... FINE.. How long will yourcompany last.... about a week.
Your logic is completely BASS AckWards....

Just because you bought some broken things, and paid to return it doesn't say anything except you willingly play into their tactics.

Btw.

WALMART IS THE REASON SMALL BUSINESSES ARE CEASING TO EXIST !!!! - AND LACK OF CUSTOMER CARE IS NOT HELPING ANYTHING...

XCSAWW... SAME FOR YOU... YOU ARE GETTING BENT OVER IF YOU ARE PAYING TO FIX NEW THINGS YOU BUY.
I'm talking about a NEW ITEM... not something I ran through the DIRT for a week even....

I made my problems known ... and even tho REDCAT did not help me... the RESELLER is awesome, and is fixing my issue.
NO CHARGE FOR SHIPPING... 90 DAY WARRANTY...

WILLIG10, you are the man.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:19 PM
rootbeerslop

Old 09-01-2011, 07:27 PM
rootbeerslop

Old 09-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warriors

yup that's what sucks about the electronic world and the majority of retailstores....but for as long as i can remember that's how it's been. That is just the fact of life....do you know how many xmas i've has were the kids or even myself have had a brand new spanking toy and it doesn't work? Then you just had to return via mail to the manufacturer......i mean walmart, target, kmart, crappy tire, etc have there own kinda warranty thing and shouldn't be compared at all. But something special ordered neededs to be returned( sorry at your dime) and you will get reinbursed for it, if found devective. No biggy really, it's like money in the bank. If it was me i would just send in the whole thing and ask for a new one. They probably will do it too.
They are going to resolve it, just ship it and wait for the reinbursment.

Ps i may just ship mine yet also

Old 09-01-2011, 08:32 PM
rootbeerslop

Ok, well the "reality" of your statement is at the end where you say "ship it" and wait for the reimbursement...

They are NOT going to reimburse you... THAT"S MY WHOLE POINT !!!

If it's brand new and you pay for shipping or ANYTHING for that matter... it's YOUR fault for not demanding an item that WORKS when you buy it...

Read the previous posts, and stand by your fellow consumers...
Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warriors

Ah you never no may not be cash, may be free parts or gift card or somehting. But i would definitly give them a shot b4 getting that hot about it and if they don't come good then, poor on the hate mail.
that's my 2 cents and that's not even enough for a coffe so........
Old 09-01-2011, 08:55 PM
rootbeerslop

OK, I'm done being hot... apologies....

Old 09-01-2011, 10:11 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rootbeerslop

-And AGAIN... that's NOT how warranty works... unless your an idiot.
But then again, you probably expect to not get a working device in the mail to begin with,
and that extra money you spend sending a NEW device in for ''inspection'' is a good way to get to know the company that sent it to you.
I'm not sure YOU know how a warranty works. The company is not responsible for shipping costs unless stated in their warranty. The company dictates the terms of their warranty. If they wanted to, they could have you pay for both shipping to and from their repair department. Just because they aren't paying for the shipping, doesn't mean they're not standing behind their product. The fact that they have a warranty at all means they are in some way standing behind their product.

I'd rather know them by the quality they provide me with when I spend my hard earned money on their product....
Which chair is going to be sturdier and more comfortable, the one that costs $5 or the one that costs $150? There are many choices when it comes to RC cars/trucks. You chose to buy one of the cheapest available. Redcat makes decent products. Notice I said "decent," and not "amazing." You want a safe bet with little to no risk, you have to open that wallet just a little bit wider.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:36 AM
xON3MERCx

RC HOBBY Unlimited... you are retarded... I'm totaly blowing a gasket with your stupid logic... STUPID.
I've resisted the urge to straight bash people, but you cross the line.

You think you can sell people broken sh#t... FINE.. How long will yourcompany last.... about a week.
Your logic is completely BASS AckWards....

Just because YOU bought some broken sh#]!t, and paid to return it doesn't say anything except you are an IDIOT.

READ THE OTHER POSTS... THE LOGIC IS SIMPLE.. ITS CALLED A "WARRANTY"... WHICH MEANS IF I SELL YOU BROKEN SH##T, I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT BECAUSE I AM A "GOOD BUSNESS PERSON."

This is NOT the way business works.... If you feel that way fine, keep paying for broken sh##t you buy, DUMMY.

WOW ... Then you give a WALMART expample VS a small company... WOW YOU ARE A COMPLETE ID!!OT...

WALMART IS THE REASON SMALL BUSINESSES ARE CEASING TO EXIST !!!! - AND LACK OF CUSTOMER CARE IS NOT HELPING ANYTHING...

WALMART... REALLY ???

XCSAWW... SAME FOR YOU... YOU ARE GETTING BENT OVER IF YOU ARE PAYING TO FIX NEW THINGS YOU BUY. That's NOT the way things should work.
I'm talking about a NEW ITEM... not something I ran through the DIRT for a week....

Get a clue... I made my problems known ... and even tho REDCAT still took a dump on me... the RESELLER has a proper business model, and is fixing my issue.
NO CHARGE FOR SHIPPING... 90 DAY WARRANTY... GET... A ... CLUE... THIS IS BAD BUSINESS...

READ THE OTHER POSTS !!! several people clearly outline how REDCAT shoudl redefine their 'procedure."

Ok let me ask you this, if you had a company and i bought an item from you over the internet not in person then i call you up and say hey this P.O.S does not work would you send me a new one? Even with out wanting to see the item and to try and have your repair team figure out what is wrong with it?

If thats the case then maybe you should start a company and i would be one of those guys that would scam the hell out of you and i can bet i would not be the only one.

If now you dont like redcat's warranty then maybe you should have done some more research befor you bought the truck. But its not just redcat that is what RC HOBBYand others have been trying to tell you. It doesn't matter if it is WALMART or MICROSOFT or even the company that i work for. IFYOUWANTYOURSTUFFFIXEDTHENSENDITIN. By doing this you are telling who ever it is that this is not a SCAM. And the only reason that the LHS that you have been going to does not charge for return shipping is because you are there in person.

One more thing. What is it going to cost to ship it? $5-20 depending on the weight? If thats the case then send me your address and i will give you the money to ship it so that way you wont break the bank.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 AM
MinnSpin
My Feedback: (40)

I'll think of it this way:

Brand New Item, just got it... doesn't work straight out of the box... I'm not paying for JACK.

I am JACK.

Just say'n.

If you're going to rant, please use your own name.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 AM
rootbeerslop

You can't sell people broken things straight out of the box, and expect them to pay more.

If you agree with this way of business, you too can expect to go out of business.
Just because this line of RC vehicles is "cheaper" doesn't mean I should expect to immediately pay more because it arrives at my house broken.

I've made my point, plenty of people agree with it, and thanks to practical resellers things are squared away with this issue.

Nuff Said...Done with the rant.

Sorry JACK
Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 AM
xON3MERCx

OK I UNDERSTAND BUT NOW GET OUR POINT...how does redcat know it was broken when it arrived? They dont. They just think that you are trying to SCAM THEM... And I do agree with this way of business its just a hard fact of life that you are now just learning to understand.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:13 AM
rootbeerslop

Just read WILLIG10's response. There is a person who understands the proper business model and what a Warranty should entail.

I'm done with this thread, but by all means, keep paying for brand new broken things.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:37 AM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

COPIED DIRECTLY FROM THE REDCAT WEBSITE.
All warranty claims must be handled through Redcat Racing and not your hobby dealer. Go to the Warranty Form
"If you believe you have a warranty claim, simply fill out the form in the link above and include all information associated with the claim.

If you have a specific part problem Redcat Racing will determine if the issue in question is covered under warranty and will contact you within 3 business days after form submission. If determined that the part or parts are covered under warranty, Redcat will send you the part(s) at no charge. We may ask for some parts to be returned prior to sending out replacement parts such as remote controls, engines and possibly some other items.

If you have a vehicle problem, please fill out the warranty claim form and click on the vehicle button. Once the form is approved, you may send the entire vehicle back to Redcat Racing and the Redcat technicians will repair your vehicle at no charge for labor but may require payment for parts needed if they are not covered under warranty. We will require payment for shipping the item back to you."

You bought a product without researching the warranty info, now you are pissed because you have to pay to send the defective part back. So you take it to the
local Hobby Shop, and they fix it. The local shop now has to argue with Redcat to get the part paid for. It's a wonder why so many local hobby shops go out of
business
Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 AM
xON3MERCx

ORIGINAL: overbored77

COPIED DIRECTLY FROM THE REDCAT WEBSITE.
All warranty claims must be handled through Redcat Racing and not your hobby dealer. Go to the Warranty Form
"If you believe you have a warranty claim, simply fill out the form in the link above and include all information associated with the claim.

If you have a specific part problem Redcat Racing will determine if the issue in question is covered under warranty and will contact you within 3 business days after form submission. If determined that the part or parts are covered under warranty, Redcat will send you the part(s) at no charge. We may ask for some parts to be returned prior to sending out replacement parts such as remote controls, engines and possibly some other items.

If you have a vehicle problem, please fill out the warranty claim form and click on the vehicle button. Once the form is approved, you may send the entire vehicle back to Redcat Racing and the Redcat technicians will repair your vehicle at no charge for labor but may require payment for parts needed if they are not covered under warranty. We will require payment for shipping the item back to you."

You bought a product without researching the warranty info, now you are pissed because you have to pay to send the defective part back. So you take it to the
local Hobby Shop, and they fix it. The local shop now has to argue with Redcat to get the part paid for. It's a wonder why so many local hobby shops go out of
business
I guess some people can't understand plain english.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:50 AM
willig10

Again as I stated earlier. Yes it is Redcats "POLICY" as well as others in this industry. However it does not make it right to the end user. A buyer should be able to purchase a product PERIOD and if it is under warranty the manufacturer should pay to have it shipped at THEIR cost if it is within the warranty period.

Bottom line is for a fact, you all know that I am right. Also as stated earlier. You can twist it and skew it to make it make sense in your small world of how to do things. However I guarantee, that if this happens to any of you who are preaching about the buyer paying to have it shipped both ways. If this happened to you you, youwould be complaining just as loud as the guys here, who got ripped off buying a piece of junk with a warranty that is in essence non existant.

It all boils down to 1 thing and1 thing only. PROFIT MARGIN.

And as I stated earlier. If the manufacturer would build a product to make it to the warranty period and beyond, then we would not be having this debate.

Glenn Williams
Old 09-02-2011, 04:56 AM
xON3MERCx

It would be different if he bought the truck in person and not off the internet.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:49 AM
tryingagain

You know I understand both sides of this argument, but only to a point. I realise it is a buyer beware world and you need to read the warranty carefully. I also realise companies have to take reasonable precautions not to be taken advantage of. However, if an item arrives in an unusable state they have to take responsibility. I would be willing to pay to send it back as long as if when it is determined I had no fault in the problem they rebate the shipping costs, fix it, and send it back to me. If I read the Red Cat warranty correctly I would even have to pony up the shipping costs to get it back as well. Are you kidding! Just because I was unlucky enough to have you select a defective product off your shelf and send it to me I now get saddled with X number of dollars in shipping to have you make right what should have been right the first time. WOW! I guess customer service really is a thing of the past.
Just my opinion.

I guess they won't be seeing my business anytime soon. (I am sure they are heartbroken!)

Cheers

Gord
Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 AM
rootbeerslop

Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 AM
rootbeerslop

ORIGINAL: xON3MERCx

It would be different ifhe bought the truck in person and not off the internet.

No it's not... it's the same product.

Thanks again to Willig10, Tommygun, and TryingAgain !

You actually see the truth of this matter, and the rest of these guys can keep paying for broken things when it should not be their responsibility.
I am not going to.

Now, if a month or so down the road something craps out... I would send it in...
ACTUALLY - I'll probably just replace it with a better part and be done with it rather than send it in.

-

quote:

ORIGINAL: willig10

And as I stated earlier. If the manufacturer would build a product to make it to the warranty period and beyond, then we would not be having this debate.

-

EXACTLY !

But Cheezer and ON3MERC ...
Keep making references to "good quality" vehicles.... Like that has to do with ANYTHING. You are bypassing the main argument here...
This is about a code of ethics that involves supporting your customers properly, and making things that work.

If you don't make something that WORKS when I open the box... it's YOUR responsibility to make it right. Not MINE.
(No Matter What the Price Tag is, OR where I bought it.)
You are basically saying, because I bought a Redcat, and especially because I bought it on the internet, I should EXPECT to pay to fix it even if it is brand new.... Your logic is a Joke.

BTW... just to recap... this problem is being resolved as we speak, and I did not pay a cent towards getting it fixed !! - AS IT SHOULD BE...
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Okay, then why the heck am I getting the shaft ?

I think my argument should... well... not even really be an argument

Three days later, they could have already mailed out a receiver I could try out tomorrow.
But instead, here we are, debating ''policy'' vs. the right thing to do for a new owner.

Rootbeer, and this is an unfortunate situation to say the least, I feel for you. The problem is you're confusing this company with a legitimate one like Horizon or Tower, where they do exactly that most of the time- just send you out a new component to replace the defective one. You have to look at total cost of an item, not just initial acquisition cost. You bought cheap, you got a crappy truck, with no customer support or warranty. Buy higher end next time, and you'll most likely get a decent model with good customer support. Sounds like Redcat is just more cheap Chinese junk that should be avoided.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 AM
xON3MERCx

NO ****....Its the difference in warranty. Man you just like to cry about anything and everything dont you.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

However I guarantee, that if this happens to any of you who are preaching about the buyer paying to have it shipped both ways. If this happened to you you, you would be complaining just as loud as the guys here, who got ripped off buying a piece of junk with a warranty that is in essence non existant.

Glenn Williams
It has happened to me, and no, I didn't ***** this much about it.

LOL! "Warranty that is in essence non existent." Because they won't pay for shipping to their repair facility, they essentially have no warranty. A little melodramatic, don't ya think? They're going to take his defective product, toss it, and send him a brand new one at the cost of shipping one way. How much would that be to send his defective radio? $5 via USPS? It's not like you have to take extra special care when shipping it, it's already broken. I would probably pay more in gas to drive a defective product back to best buy to have it replaced.

It all boils down to 1 thing and 1 thing only. PROFIT MARGIN.

Glenn Williams
Exactly. That's why to maintain that profit margin, if they were to pay shipping both ways, you'd just end up seeing it in the price of the vehicle. You'd pay for the shipping whether you had a defective part or not.

You'd also pay for that kind of quality. Search through the forums and find the vehicles that people consistently say are the best quality vehicles, now look at their price tags. I'll give you a 5th scale example. Hurrax makes very good quality vehicles. The new Hurrax Toxyc costs something like $2200...for a roller. From what I hear, its parts will outlast its warranty, but again, you pay for that kind of quality. If you need a smaller scale example, look into mugen, xray, etc.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:49 AM
xcsaww

Here's Horizon's warranty, look like they want you to ship it to them at your expense as well, weird:

Warranty Inspection and Repairs
To receive warranty service, you must include your original sales receipt verifying the proof-of-purchase
date. Provided warranty conditions have been met, your Product will be repaired or replaced free of charge.
Repair or replacement decisions are at the sole discretion of Horizon.

Non-Warranty Repairs
Should your repair not be covered by warranty the repair will be completed and payment will be required
without notification or estimate of the expense unless the expense exceeds 50% of the retail purchase cost.
By submitting the item for repair you are agreeing to payment of the repair without notification. Repair
estimates are available upon request. You must include this request with your repair. Non-warranty repair estimates
will be billed a minimum of ½ hour of labor. In addition you will be billed for return freight. Horizon
accepts money orders and cashiers checks, as well as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover
cards. By submitting any item to Horizon for inspection or repair, you are agreeing to Horizon’s Terms and
Conditions found on our website under the Repairs tab.

Electronics and engines requiring inspection or repair should be shipped to the following address:
Horizon Service Center
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, Illinois 61822
USA

All other Products requiring warranty inspection or
repair should be shipped to the following address:
Horizon Product Support
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, Illinois 61822
USA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.