Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Disappointed with your "support"

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:57 AM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Disappointed with your

You Pay to send the item back and the right thing for them to do is refund your shipping if it is indeed defective. I think that is the way it should be handled. The seller gets back the possible defective part so they can confirm it is bad and they eliminate the chance of getting screwed out of a new part to replace another part that may not actually be defective. Not saying yours is not...just looking at both sides reasoning. Then I would say that if you payed to have it shipped back and it was indeed comfirmed that your part is defective...then they should do the right thing and give you a shipping refund or some type store credit. Neither the seller or buyer is getting screwed and everybody did the right thing. Now lets all have a group hug!LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 08:03 AM
rootbeerslop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ckangaroo70

You Pay to send the item back and the right thing for them to do is refund your shipping if it is indeed defective. I think that is the way it should be handled. The seller gets back the possible defective part so they can confirm it is bad and they eliminate the chance of getting screwed out of a new part to replace another part that may not actually be defective. Not saying yours is not...just looking at both sides reasoning. Then I would say that if you payed to have it shipped back and it was indeed comfirmed that your part is defective...then they should do the right thing and give you a shipping refund or some type store credit. Neither the seller or buyer is getting screwed and everybody did the right thing. Now lets all have a group hug!LOL
"Hugging"

I'm really really done with this thread now

Old 09-02-2011, 08:14 AM
xON3MERCx

How about "HIGH 5"

Old 09-02-2011, 11:16 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

This is a tough one, I agree 100% that a brand new product should work out of the box at no additional expense to the buyer. But in this world we have to read the fine print to CYA, and in this case the fine print was you send it at your expense.
I have sent older items to horizon and Traxxas on my dime, but they were not brand new either. i recently had an issue with a brand new headset for an xbox from amazon. Amazon took my credit info, sent me a new one at their expense with a return mailing label at their expense - thats a class act. They had my credit card info if I tried to scam them, seems simple enough.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:25 AM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very happy I did not buy a redcat!! I do agree with the policy that you ship it on your dime and then if found faulty they ship it back paying for the shipping. Policy is fair, yes it sucks to pull a brand new item out of the box and it imediately takes a crap on you. I bought ESKY LLhama helicopter and it is a piece of crap. You look at it wrong and it breaks. I have 15.00 air hog that i can crash the heck out of and it is still intact. What can i say some stuff is junk! Stay with the name brands but expect their warranty on return shipping to be the same.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 PM
rootbeerslop

I would agree with that. Work with me. - Send me a part and an envelope for the broken piece.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
harleydoberman

This is the new way of shopping and customer service - get used to it. Pretty soon all stores will be a thing of the past and we will all deal directly with MFG's. The days of taking a defective product back into the local store and having someone who uses the product, understands the product, and can FIX the product is going by the way side. Thus is YOUR FAULT - you said it. When the LHS did stock or sell this junk product, that should have been an indication right away. I see thier products once in a while in my shop looking brand new and always not running. I never waste my time with them.

I sold a Traxxas Nitro Stampede to a customer, 10ft out of the box starter gears were shredded. Truck never even started. If it was up to me I would hand the customer a new truck. Traxxas prohibits me from doing that. I did not have the gear in stock so the customer must wait. Not a good system, but a system never the less. Traxxas is great about sending new parts at no charge to the dealer or the customer. The part they do not understand is that when a model is deffective out of the box, it should be replaced immediately. It should be their problem to fix or refurb the unit. I as a dealer I make squat on these items, maybe $40.00 on a $375.00 sale, but spend way more time working on them I should have to for free. I do that for the customers sake. When I have had my fill I will close and there will be one less shop around.

The consumers drive for "THE BEST DEAL", or "THE LOWEST PRICE" has resulted in "THE LOWEST CUSTOMER SERVICE" but amazingly the consumer is surprised when they can't get service on the cheapest piece of s#@t they buy on the market. That old saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR has never been more true than in 2011!

One man's opinion.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:18 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Wow, that was messed up. Post edit
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Post Edit
Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i understand your frustration, but this is not just a redcat thing.
i have sent a few traxxas ESC's, and each time i had to pay to ship it to them.

Never once had that happen. They always pay shipping, unless the item is out of date. If it's new they send the part asap with a self addressed return label and an RMA number already on it.
i had 3 VXL speed controls die on me this summer. the 1st one died, and im like '' hey, it happens''
the next 2 died 2 weeks later. those 2 i called traxxas and told them what happened. they said send them in for repair and gave me the address.
i spend $5 to mail them priority flat rate.
Traxxas fixxed them and paid return shipping, but never did i get an offer from them to pay to ship the ESC's to them.
Maybe it depends on the item or the issue or how much you complain, I dont know. Just stating what happend in my case.

frankly, it doesnt surprise me for any RC company to want the item shipped to them for inspection. I know it stinks for the customer, but RC companies cant afford to hand out parts without inspecting the damaged ones.
otherwise, people would be calling up and lying just to get free parts. just saying.
Are you guys an actual brick and mortar Hobby Store and an authorized Traxxas dealer or just some guy that decided to sell Redcat stuff out of his garage or from his whatever business? Because if your just some boob off the street that calls, then ya they make you send it back and pay shipping. If your an actual B&M authorized dealer then they send the stuff to you free with a return label and RMA # or it's because some of the traxxas tech support guys shop at our store, but I doubt that? Support your local B&M they'll get sh*t done like no one else can!!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:30 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

ORIGINAL: rootbeerslop

I'll think of it this way:

Brand New Item, just got it... doesn't work straight out of the box... I'm not paying for JACK.
You send me some broken things, it's your responsibility to take care of it. If it gets broken in the mail, they usually call that a DOA, because it is not functioning after transit.(which implies someone actually QA's things before they go out) So now it's clear that this truck is ''Defective,'' not DOA, because it ''sort of works,'' just not correctly.
So now, because it turns on, but is still only broken enough to not work correctly, it's MY responsibility to PAY MORE to have it looked at.

Bull$#!7 !!!

I'm actually getting about a thousand times better help from the reseller than I am from Redcat.
Redcat hasn't even provided any troubleshooting steps to try... The reseller mentioned it could be a binding issue, and had me try to bind it again.
At least he's TRYING to help without expecting me to spend money to fix a brand new item.

If I had the truck for a few months, then yes, I would pay for shipping.
Implying that it's the same situation is unacceptable. It is NOT.
Tney should have just sent me a new receiver on Monday, when I brought up the issue.

-and to appropriately respond to your ''they can't just give stuff away'' philosophy - They know darn well their stuff is cheap, they should be ready to dole out parts or they should use better components.
Whether or not I get this truck working, Redcat has quickly proven that they do not back up their products, nor adequately support their customers.
Need a new hobby if you are upset about sending something back had a HPI K59 motor that was bad in a new Savage XL the first thing HPI was had me send the motor back which I had to pay for and they shipped a new motor out that is the nature of RC business and not just redcat. No company will stay in business just shipping out parts because you say somthing is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it. Are any of you guys actual B&M hobby shops or are all you guys boobs selling from your garage. I've never had to do that with HPI either. They just send me the stuff with an RMA and return shipping label. Are any of you even authorized Repair facilities for any of these vehicles or manufacturers (redcat doesn't count)? I'm just asking, I'm beginning to see why there are so many problems.

Visit your local B&M if you have one, they will get sh*t done if you get to know them and shop with them. Not mention most importantly it keeps the money in your local economy.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:53 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: willig10

If I may:
To the redcat people in Arizona that posted earlier in the thread. Your business practice model is in need of evaluation. First and foremost here is the way a real Warranty is supposed to work, Let me lay it out for you.

1. If the product is still under the warranty period. The manufacturer should pay to have it shipped to them and returned to the customer at the manufacturers expense ''PERIOD''.
2. If the product is out of warranty then yes I would agree that the end user (customer) should pay both ways.

That is it in a nutshell. Your ''POLICY'' needs revamped as do many other RC manufacturers that are picking up on the Hobby King way of doing things.

Get real with it or go out of business. Your choice.

Good Day

Glenn Williams

Redcats and any other R/c manufacturers defense. You CAN NOT offer a warranty on an entire car. I have seen people buy cars from my shop and I tell them everything NOT to do and everything to do and they go home, don't read the manual, don't do any of the stuff they were told to or that is in the manual and then jerk the cord out of the pull start and come back 20 minutes later and say the pull cord just broke. Well ya boob, ya tried to do EXACTLY what I told you not to do. Ya jerked it like a weed eater and broke the spring. Oh no I only pulled it a couple inches. Oh ya then why is all 12 inches of the string hanging out like Gene Simmons tongue. It's defective I demand a new one for free. I don't think so, that will be $29 buddy or you can call so and so and feed them a line of B.S. a mile long and see what they say.

The point of that there story is that people lie everyday about their R/c crap and they do stupid a** sh*t and don't read the manual and don't go do adequate research (surfing the net and reading miss guided information is NOT research) research is getting off your duff and finding a Local B&M and talking to them. If you don't have one, then look one up and call them. They will be glad to help you out in most cases they may even take your info over the phone and send you some information. Shoot got side tracked, oh ya, and then they break or wreck or destroy something in 10 minutes and blame it on defective parts. So Redcat and other "manufacturers" get non-stop calls all day from some dink that bought there car off the net or some piece-O-crap used car off ebay and claim this and claim that happened, so excuse them if they are skeptical of your possibly B.S. story. This is not Walmart, Walmart is big box BULLSH*T and should be shut down for being inhumane and unethical to their employees.

Redcat has very decent Customer Service, I have never had a problem with the customer service. Again, if you visit your local B&M Hobby Shop they maybe able to get you sh*t for free because, they are not some joe shmoe off the street calling to get free stuff because they're to cheap to own up to their own stupid mistakes, they are more than likely an authorized dealer and repair facility and if they are, they SHOULD have an account with these various R/C "manufacturers" and if any of you on here are actually B&M Shops and you don't have an account or are not signed up as authorized dealers then shame on you for not doing your homework. You are pissing away your money.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: harleydoberman

This is the new way of shopping and customer service - get used to it. Pretty soon all stores will be a thing of the past and we will all deal directly with MFG's. The days of taking a defective product back into the local store and having someone who uses the product, understands the product, and can FIX the product is going by the way side. Thus is YOUR FAULT - you said it. When the LHS did stock or sell this junk product, that should have been an indication right away. I see thier products once in a while in my shop looking brand new and always not running. I never waste my time with them.

I sold a Traxxas Nitro Stampede to a customer, 10ft out of the box starter gears were shredded. Truck never even started. If it was up to me I would hand the customer a new truck. Traxxas prohibits me from doing that. I did not have the gear in stock so the customer must wait. Not a good system, but a system never the less. Traxxas is great about sending new parts at no charge to the dealer or the customer. The part they do not understand is that when a model is deffective out of the box, it should be replaced immediately. It should be their problem to fix or refurb the unit. I as a dealer I make squat on these items, maybe $40.00 on a $375.00 sale, but spend way more time working on them I should have to for free. I do that for the customers sake. When I have had my fill I will close and there will be one less shop around.

The consumers drive for ''THE BEST DEAL'', or ''THE LOWEST PRICE'' has resulted in ''THE LOWEST CUSTOMER SERVICE'' but amazingly the consumer is surprised when they can't get service on the cheapest piece of s#@t they buy on the market. That old saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR has never been more true than in 2011!

One man's opinion.

Oh dude, you took the words right out of my mouth!!

He's right, if you want better customer service, stop ordering on line and stop buying the cheapest crap you can find. Stop sending your money over to china via Hobby King or Hobbypartz or where ever you dig up cheap sh*t on the internet. Service your local stores more often. Personally I don't shop at Walmart or any of the big box stores. I pay the extra $2 or $3 and look for a local mom and pop store and buy my stuff there, we keep OUR money in OUR LOCAL ECONOMY so OUR community will grow and prosper and the trickle effect of that is the Countries economy will get better. Pay attention to what's happening here. Like he said it's gonna be the future and in the future you can probably forget about a warranty all together unless you get back to supporting your local economies no matter the cost. F.Y.I. I don't pay the extra because I can afford to, because god knows there is NO MONEY what so ever in the Hobby Industry $30 to $40 on a $390+ purchase is not going to keep any food on anyone table, I do it because I'm thinking about my kids future and hoping that I'm helping the local economy and that retail mom and pop B&M down the road. I don't buy anything off the internet. The only thing we buy out of State is our Stock for the store because we have to.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:12 AM
harleydoberman

ORIGINAL: harleydoberman

The consumers drive for ''THE BEST DEAL'', or ''THE LOWEST PRICE'' has resulted in ''THE LOWEST CUSTOMER SERVICE'' but amazingly the consumer is surprised when they can't get service on the cheapest piece of s#@t they buy on the market. That old saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR has never been more true than in 2011!

One man's opinion.

Oh dude, you took the words right out of my mouth!!

He's right, if you want better customer service, stop ordering on line and stop buying the cheapest crap you can find. Stop sending your money over to china via Hobby King or Hobbypartz or where ever you dig up cheap sh*t on the internet. Service your local stores more often. Personally I don't shop at Walmart or any of the big box stores. I pay the extra $2 or $3 and look for a local mom and pop store and buy my stuff there, we keep OUR money in OUR LOCAL ECONOMY so OUR community will grow and prosper and the trickle effect of that is the Countries economy will get better. Pay attention to what's happening here. Like he said it's gonna be the future and in the future you can probably forget about a warranty all together unless you get back to supporting your local economies no matter the cost. F.Y.I. I don't pay the extra because I can afford to, because god knows there is NO MONEY what so ever in the Hobby Industry $30 to $40 on a $390+ purchase is not going to keep any food on anyone table, I do it because I'm thinking about my kids future and hoping that I'm helping the local economy and that retail mom and pop B&M down the road. I don't buy anything off the internet. The only thing we buy out of State is our Stock for the store because we have to.

I feel exactly the same way. I will spend more money at a local shop then risk selling my soul to the local walmart. I NEVER ORDER ANYTHING over the internet. I seem to find what I am looking for just fine. It is getting harder but can still be done. Customer service cost money. Cheap and customer service can never be spoken about in the same conversation. Traxxas is not cheap, thats why they have good customer service

One man's opinion.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 AM
soldier5050

Wow just got my butt chewed for being honest . Guess they do not want this on this board......................
Old 09-03-2011, 07:24 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Is all of this really worth a $5 shipping fee? Really? Of course not. What this is really about is the OP wants to be treated like freakin' royalty because he bought something. Never mind that he price shopped and decided to buy from one of the cheapest companies he could find. He still thinks he should have a CSA bending over backwards to make him happy.

There are service oriented companies that will suck up to you. They charge full retail and don't carry second rate lines of merchandise. Buy from them and pay double what you paid Redcat and you'll have nary a problem. But when you shop for the cheapest price you'll get the cheapest products and the cheapest service. Bargain companies cannot stay in business by providing the best of anything at the cheapest possible price.

Consumers are quick to decry the fact that service is fading away in the American marketplace, but the fact is that we as a group have chosen this. We go to Walmart and online retailers instead of the small local shops because they are cheaper. If you want service, buy on the high end of the market and you'll get it because you will have paid for it.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:00 AM
rootbeerslop

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

Is all of this really worth a $5 shipping fee? Really? Of course not. What this is really about is the OP wants to be treated like freakin' royalty because he bought something. Never mind that he price shopped and decided to buy from one of the cheapest companies he could find. He still thinks he should have a CSA bending over backwards to make him happy.

There are service oriented companies that will suck up to you. They charge full retail and don't carry second rate lines of merchandise. Buy from them and pay double what you paid Redcat and you'll have nary a problem.
(Right, because I've already read a hundred posts on how Traxxas and other brands break all the time too... but they will send you a part. -But that's different because pay more.. right? What a JOKE)
But when you shop for the cheapest price you'll get the cheapest products and the cheapest service. Bargain companies cannot stay in business by providing the best of anything at the cheapest possible price. (Which is NOT my doing, and I STILL expect the product to WORK when I get it.)

Consumers are quick to decry the fact that service is fading away in the American marketplace, but the fact is that we as a group have chosen this. We go to Walmart and online retailers instead of the small local shops because they are cheaper. If you want service, buy on the high end of the market and you'll get it because you will have paid for it.
Of course it is... because you are not talking about the big picture... and you have the same arguments as earlier postings.
It's not about 5 bucks, it's about standing behind your product, and supporting your customers.... PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Just because I buy something "cheaper" does not mean I should pay any more when I open the box and it does not work, no matter what your business size / model is.
I don't mind it's a less expensive product from China, but that does NOT mean you can send me DEFECTIVE / DOA products OR that I should Expect that because it is a lower end model.

Just as WILLG10 states... You have a warranty period, and your product should at least make it that long, hopefully longer. Sure that's not the case with Redcat, and when things start to break, I'll put better components in there. But to think I am asking a company to BEND OVER BACKWARDS because I was sent a broken product means your Logic Mechanism is busted.

I'm not asking for someone to kiss my ***... Your argument is buy a 600.00 truck instead... riiiiiight... that's what we should all do, or in your way of thinking... just stay out of the RC world.

My statement is clear, and as I have repeated several times, it is finally getting taken care of (without costing me any more as the buyer).

I'm not royalty, I just expect things I buy to work, whether it's a FORD or a FERRARI, you should be able to DRIVE IT OFF THE LOT...
But hey, I'm a selfish ***hole for buying a Ford and expecting it to start up the first time I drive it...

You shouldn't have to go to Walmart for a decent product at a decent price. But if people are Ok buying something and pay more right away to have it "inspected." - This completely gives that phony business model confidence and support it needs to keep taking advantage of people. If you stand up for your rights as a consumer, and demand you get a WORKING product (Notice I didn't say FREE, or shine my butt cheeks), they will either change their design so it's not as crappy... or they will go out of business. That's our responsibility. But you can just buy the Ferrari Mr. Money Bags

So... If Redcat is "cheap" and you dont' fall into this Trap. Free Market Economics will do the rest.
Meaning, if people don't pay to fix New Things, Redcat will make better things or fold. The demand will be to buy the most econonmical Working Product, but it won't be 190.00 anymore, it could be 275.00... Which I think most people would do if it meant bypassing the this unsupportive business model.
Myself included. I'm not trying to compete in the Baja 2012... I just want to cruise around my yard with my kids. -and No, you should not have to pay 600.00 to do that.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 AM
soldier5050

Agree 100% ....

When we ask for answers , some come on here to bash us because it is our fault that we have problems . I knw there are many people on this board that has had problems . But this needs to be resolved with Redcat , there products are getting worse . But if we ***** and moan then we are the bad guys ..............
Old 09-03-2011, 10:11 AM
rootbeerslop

ORIGINAL: soldier5050

Agree 100% ....

When we ask for answers , some come on here to bash us because it is our fault that we have problems . I knw there are many people on this board that has had problems . But this needs to be resolved with Redcat , there products are getting worse . But if we ***** and moan then we are the bad guys ..............

I'm absolutely baffled how people can get on here and defend companies that try to take advantage of their customers.
Saying we're just "cheap" ***es that want the world on a platter, and it's our fault for expecting something brand new to work because it is the "economy' model and not the 'luxury" model.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:33 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The OP isn't getting taken advantage of. What it amounts to is that when he bought from a low-end company he didn't pay for good warranty service. Every time an employee has to touch or talk with a customer about it product it costs money. Those who haven't worked in retail or a customer related field don't understand that. If Redcat sends out shipping labels with RMA numbers, it costs them not only the prepaid shipping but also the employee time and materials to do it. And for every customer who requests those things and then doesn't use them, it's waste. Every time a part comes in and is actually ok that's waste too in the form of employee hours and return shipping. Every phone call, every opened package, every effort the company makes on your behalf costs them, and a truly hard task in any company is to draw the line on how much you can do for your customer (with its associated cost) and still keep prices low enough to do business. Redcat's decision appears to be that they will provide phone and email customer service and warranty repair/replace service for anything that the customer delivers to them. That's a middle of the road approach that is very well established in the marketplace. They could do more and charge you for it, or they could do less and cut prices a little more. As stated before, if you want great service there are companies at higher price points that will do it for you and still be profitable.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:26 PM
rootbeerslop

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

The OP isn't getting taken advantage of.

They clearly are...read the many posts agreeing with my standpoint.

What it amounts to is that when he bought from a low-end company he didn't pay for good warranty service. Every time an employee has to touch or talk with a customer about it product it costs money. Those who haven't worked in retail or a customer related field don't understand that. If Redcat sends out shipping labels with RMA numbers, it costs them not only the prepaid shipping but also the employee time and materials to do it. And for every customer who requests those things and then doesn't use them, it's waste. Every time a part comes in and is actually ok that's waste too in the form of employee hours and return shipping. Every phone call, every opened package, every effort the company makes on your behalf costs them, \

This is all irrelevant if they don't figure out how to sell something that works upon opening and turning it on...As I made clear, if you get something and it doesn't work upon arrival, it's called DOA.... But they said since it turns on it's just "DEFECTIVE." - Cr@P.... That is just flat out screwing someone, no matter what your policy is. They wouldn't even try to help troubleshoot.

Because people like me do the right thing and make their concerns known, companies like this either change or fail.
- And there you go again with the "buy a Ferrari if you expect it to work" Cr@P. I have made plenty of good analogies to explain why just because you buy an economy vehicle, you should not expect it to fail, or spend more money on it as a BRAND NEW product... Sure it's not as fast or as durable as yours... but it should d@mn well Run Right when you get it.

and a truly hard task in any company is to draw the line on how much you can do for your customer (with its associated cost) and still keep prices low enough to do business. Redcat's decision appears to be that they will provide phone and email customer service and warranty repair/replace service for anything that the customer delivers to them. That's a middle of the road approach that is very well established in the marketplace. They could do more and charge you for it, or they could do less and cut prices a little more. As stated before, if you want great service there are companies at higher price points that will do it for you and still be profitable.
You are arguing out of thin air... They could do more / they could do less... . WHAT?... They can do whatever the H3ll they want if the product works.
It wouldn't even BE an issue if this truck ran for a while... and I have noted several times I would pay to send it in (or replace the part with something better)... after the item is USED.

There has got to be a baseline no matter how low end you are, and if they are not meeting it, they will cease to exist.

- Then Traxxas will the be LOW END, and you will still talk trash to people that don't buy a $900 RC truck (from your local store) to tool around the yard.

For the LAST time... You cannot sell broken "BRAND NEW" things, and expect people to pay more money to get it working... No matter what "Echelon" of vehicle it is, Where it is sold, or what your business model is.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

ORIGINAL: rootbeerslop

I'll think of it this way:

Brand New Item, just got it... doesn't work straight out of the box... I'm not paying for JACK.
You send me some broken things, it's your responsibility to take care of it. If it gets broken in the mail, they usually call that a DOA, because it is not functioning after transit.(which implies someone actually QA's things before they go out) So now it's clear that this truck is ''Defective,'' not DOA, because it ''sort of works,'' just not correctly.
So now, because it turns on, but is still only broken enough to not work correctly, it's MY responsibility to PAY MORE to have it looked at.

Bull$#!7 !!!

I'm actually getting about a thousand times better help from the reseller than I am from Redcat.
Redcat hasn't even provided any troubleshooting steps to try... The reseller mentioned it could be a binding issue, and had me try to bind it again.
At least he's TRYING to help without expecting me to spend money to fix a brand new item.

If I had the truck for a few months, then yes, I would pay for shipping.
Implying that it's the same situation is unacceptable. It is NOT.
Tney should have just sent me a new receiver on Monday, when I brought up the issue.

-and to appropriately respond to your ''they can't just give stuff away'' philosophy - They know darn well their stuff is cheap, they should be ready to dole out parts or they should use better components.
Whether or not I get this truck working, Redcat has quickly proven that they do not back up their products, nor adequately support their customers.
Need a new hobby if you are upset about sending something back had a HPI K59 motor that was bad in a new Savage XL the first thing HPI was had me send the motor back which I had to pay for and they shipped a new motor out that is the nature of RC business and not just redcat. No company will stay in business just shipping out parts because you say somthing is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it. Are any of you guys actual B&M hobby shops or are all you guys boobs selling from your garage. I've never had to do that with HPI either. They just send me the stuff with an RMA and return shipping label. Are any of you even authorized Repair facilities for any of these vehicles or manufacturers (redcat doesn't count)? I'm just asking, I'm beginning to see why there are so many problems.

Visit your local B&M if you have one, they will get sh*t done if you get to know them and shop with them. Not mention most importantly it keeps the money in your local economy.
he said boob
Old 09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
rootbeerslop

Ha ! Boob
Old 09-03-2011, 08:09 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

[X(][X(]
Old 09-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: soldier5050

Wow just got my butt chewed for being honest . Guess they do not want this on this board......................
No you didn't, lying on a public forum to make yourself seem hard done by, is not big or clever. You know exactly why you got a message from me. Grow up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.