Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need help ID'ing Volcano & more

Hello,

I just purchased a used Volcano from a guy. This is a Nitro unit with a VX-18 engine. Im trying to figure out which model of this thing that I have and the differences between the two. Obviously I don't have an S30 as those are equipped with a different/newer engine. I just need to figure out if I have an SV or STX. The only stickers that I have on the body say Volcano. The body is blue/sliver if that helps. I honestly don't know much about this stuff at all... this is my first Nitro RC.... I need a new front end and axel dogbone. I just want to make sure that the parts I get are the right thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need help ID'ing Volcano & more

a pic would help us help you.

but, i think that the SV-STX and S30 differ mainly in the power plant used. maybe some of the drivetrain as well.
    but the chassis parts might be the same.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You could check out the schematic on the Redcat site and compare .
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I found it. According to this threadit looks like I have an SV. I guess the STX doesn't have Ball Joint Suspension. However looking at the schematic it looks like all other components are primarily the same. I tore this thing apart yesterday... looks like my front end is good, just need a new dogbone, spur gear, glow plug, plus I need to seal my front/back plates. Then I should be golden.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

ORIGINAL: steveelkin

Well, I found it. * According to this thread*it looks like I have an SV. I guess the STX doesn't have Ball Joint Suspension. However looking at the schematic it looks like all other components are primarily the same. *I tore this thing apart yesterday... looks like my front end is good, just need a new dogbone, spur gear, glow plug, plus I need to seal my front/back plates. *Then I should be golden.*
    Yes you are correct, they are the exact same truck, minus the engine, the SV30 has the SH18 engine and tuned pipe.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc