Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

spurr gear problem on caldera 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 09:07 AM
bicyclebob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spurr gear problem on caldera 3.0

okay, so i have a problem. i stripped a few teeth off my spurr gear and now i need to replace it. would you guys suggest the steel spurr gear that redcat offers, or would the platic replacement be sufficient? this may be a stupid question, but i was just wondering. i'm assuming the steel is always better.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 AM
edgeverse

Default RE: spurr gear problem on caldera 3.0

A couple months ago. I had a similair issue with my backdraft 8e. I stripped many teeth frpm my spur gear and the pinion showed sighns or excessive wear. I replaced both. I went with the plastic spur gear to replace the stock one (plastic as well). and the pinion is brass like the stock one too. I cant sepak for all but I went with plastic. Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
bkbajan

i ran my truck once with the plastic spur gear.
2nd run..i already had the steel one installed...its worth it.

thts one of the 1st things to do..upgrade to a steel gear to avoid stripping
ORIGINAL: bicyclebob

okay, so i have a problem. i stripped a few teeth off my spurr gear and now i need to replace it. would you guys suggest the steel spurr gear that redcat offers, or would the platic replacement be sufficient? this may be a stupid question, but i was just wondering. i'm assuming the steel is always better.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:33 PM
XtrmTJ
My Feedback: (6)

I used to think like bkbajan, steel must be better.  But when I switched my spur gear from plastic to steel, (EQ8E) it strippede my brass pinion gear.  I switched back to a plastic spur gear and all is good. (so far)
Smitty