Β*Hi all RC enthusiasts!
I am pretty new to RC trucking but loving it and becoming quite involved. Β* I've already been spending a lot of time both fixing, upgrading and of course racing my Volcano brushed, as well as my new Caldera 10E brushless trucks.
I want to learn more about my new RC Hobby and I need to know the basics before I can really get going on this and possibly
even start a local club once I at least know the basics. Β*Hoping a few of you out there have the patience to answer the most basic of questions to give me a good foundation.
Ready? Β*Here goes...
1. Β*The transmitter has two trim switches for the steering. Β*The left is ST TRIM and the dial on the right is ST D/R. Β* Playing around with these dials seem to have random effects.
One trim button would make more sense, left/right to adjust how straight the car goes while not steering. Β* The effects seem to vary no matter how I set them so can anyone explainΒ*
exactly how they work and affect the steering on the car?
2. What is the Servo? Β*The part that controls the steering? Β*Or is it the part that controls the transmitter voltage to the motor?
3. What is the ESC? Β*What does ESC stand for? Β*Ditto to the above question.
4. Besides the obvious boost in power, what is the difference between a brushless and a brushed motor?
5. Why do Tamiya to Banana connectors all come with a male Tamiya end? Β*Every car I own requires a female.
6. Β*How can I connect a Banana connector to a wire on my own?
7. Why do Lipo batteries and Ni Mh batteries require different types of chargers?
8. If I put a different motor in of the same type (brushless or Brushed) do I need to change other parts such as the ESC or servo?
9. Why does it matter to have a transmitter with more channels when a simple 2 channel seems to work fine? Β*(more channels are far more expensive)
Again, thanks in advance to any that answer these questions, this would at least help me get off to a great start!