Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

brand new truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:45 AM
bicyclebob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: brand new truck

hey man, i was wondering if youcould tell me your break-in procedure. i'm having trouble with mine. the book at one section says the factory setting for the high needle of 2 1/2 turns out from closed is where you should break it in at, but at the actual break-in section it says 4 1/2 turns out from closed is where it should be, and that this is how it should have come from factory. i tried it at the 4 1/2 turns out and it kept reving so high that the wheels would spin even after closing the idle screw. it would also die after i gave it a little bit of gas. thanks.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
bkbajan

i followed what the rc veterans told me.
have u messed with the idle speed needle on the carb? if you did,,try to put it back to where it was if possible.
another thing is the LSN or low speed needle. right now mine is a little lower than flush with the carb,maybe 1/16 of an inch
breaking in can be a trial and error process. i actually had to take me truck to the hobby shop to get it running at least..but i paid alot of attention to what the guy was doing.

another thing,you may have a vacumm leak.
seal your backplate and the area the carb sit in the engine.
ORIGINAL: bicyclebob

hey man, i was wondering if youcould tell me your break-in procedure. i'm having trouble with mine. the book at one section says the factory setting for the high needle of 2 1/2 turns out from closed is where you should break it in at, but at the actual break-in section it says 4 1/2 turns out from closed is where it should be, and that this is how it should have come from factory. i tried it at the 4 1/2 turns out and it kept reving so high that the wheels would spin even after closing the idle screw. it would also die after i gave it a little bit of gas. thanks.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:19 PM
bkbajan

did i mention i love my damn truck?!!!

havent broken anything on it...and i've been beating the **** out of it lately
engine is nice and broken in..and i cant be happier!