Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

BAttery discharging

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Meafordguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAttery discharging

I've been getting a major loss of power on my volcano EPX brushed motor 1/10 truck lately. At first I thought it was the motor, and switched out for a new one,
but no change. Then I tried different batteries and noticed different levels of performance with each, even though they were apparently fully charged.

I'm wondering if I need to use the "discharge" option which is on my charger. Are the batteries perhaps not fully charging any more?
Is this why you would want to discharge a battery? To fully "empty" it and start a new charge from scratch so to speak?

The volcano used to fire up and down the road pretty good for a brushed motor car, but lately it can barely make it up a small ramp with these
batteries even though they have been charged up.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:17 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BAttery discharging

Yes the battery can hold a memory or go bad so at least once a month you will want to cycle your batteries which means discharge and cahrge and this will also tell you exactly how much power your battery is holding and if its holding less then 80% of it power its time to let that battery go.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Meafordguy

Thanks, I am using this charger:

Does anyone know the proper way to discharge, then recharge the batteries and check for capacity using
this unit?  It doesn't exactly come with a user friendly manual.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:00 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Hook up the battery press the red battery until the right battery you ar cycling come up then press the green button. Then press the yellow button untill you see cycling comes up discharge/charge once this screen appers hold down the green button until it starts to discharge. When it finfish discharging it will start charging in the bottom right hand corner of the screen it will show the mah the battery ahs held when fully charges so if you are charging a 2000 mah battery and this bottom right number is close to 2000 you know that the battery is good and fully charged.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Meafordguy

I'll try that thanks!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:22 PM
rchobbyunlimited

No problem your welcome.