Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Caldera SC 10e problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
drsnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caldera SC 10e problem

There is a screw that holds the wheel assembly under the 2 front wheels; both sides keep falling out. I have had this truck for 2 weeks and probably driven it for a totla of around 30 minutes. The car runs fine then I see the wheel cocked all the way out and I know. I have now lost both screws so I can't drive the car at all. I fear that I may have stripped the thread or something because I tried to use some different screws to just keep it on the road. I was hoping for this hobby to be fun, but not being able to drive my car is a pain in the ass. Can you tell me any of the following:

1. Is this part under warranty?
2. what size screw is that?
3. how do I keep it from backing out?
4. Will redcat replace the wheel assembly if it is screwed up?
5. Any ideas on a good solution to keep this from happening?

I tried to use different screws that seemed to match, but they also fell out. I tried lock-tite, but I was told that it is no good on plastic. I tried to put a piece of tape on the head of the screw to hold it in, but it still backed out.

Should I just sell this car and get one that isn't going to have such a silly problem. It wouldnt' be a big deal if the track, or hobby shop had the right screws, but traxxas and losi screws don't work there.

Thanks,
DS
Old 09-19-2011, 12:35 PM
soldier5050

Default RE: Caldera SC 10e problem

try locktite first ..Here is the link to there site so you can see it . The product is sold at Walmart , Kmart , your local hardware store .. I had the same problem did that now no problem ...

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/threadlockers.shtml
Old 09-22-2011, 02:59 PM
drsnow

lock tite doesn't work on plastic.  I tried that.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:26 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a dab of ca glue on the threads then screwing it into plastic works great.