Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

waterproof question regarding caldera 3.0

hey guys, i was wondering if the nitro caldera 3.0 was completely waterproof out of the box. according to the manual, the gear box is completely sealed and waterproofed. i'm new to R/C racing so any help would be appreciative. also, if it isn't waterproofed, are there some simple steps to make it waterproof?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: waterproof question regarding caldera 3.0

nitros cant be made FULLY waterproof, since the motor sucks in air.
    but you can make it safe to drive threw the occasional puddle or threw snow.
    you have to make sure no water can get to the reciever, or into the servos' cases. this can be done a number of ways.
    I use liquid electrical tape to seal the outside of the servo case. just cover all the seams and the screws.
    the reciever will need to be in a water tight box.
    its a good idea to make sure water cant get to the reciever battery either.

there are many utube vids that will help you. just search waterproof nitro rc

now, you dont want the motor's carb to ever be submersed!

alittle drop of water or some snow wont hurt the motor. just make sure to drive everything off really well. dont want your truck covered in rust!
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,