Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

spurr gear problem on caldera 3.0

okay, so i have a problem. i stripped a few teeth off my spurr gear and now i need to replace it. would you guys suggest the steel spurr gear that redcat offers, or would the platic replacement be sufficient? this may be a stupid question, but i was just wondering. i'm assuming the steel is always better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: spurr gear problem on caldera 3.0

A couple months ago. I had a similair issue with my backdraft 8e. I stripped many teeth frpm my spur gear and the pinion showed sighns or excessive wear. I replaced both. I went with the plastic spur gear to replace the stock one (plastic as well). and the pinion is brass like the stock one too. I cant sepak for all but I went with plastic. Hope this helps.
    3D Comics/3D Art
    edgeversemedia.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i ran my truck once with the plastic spur gear.
    2nd run..i already had the steel one installed...its worth it.

thts one of the 1st things to do..upgrade to a steel gear to avoid stripping
    ORIGINAL: bicyclebob

okay, so i have a problem. i stripped a few teeth off my spurr gear and now i need to replace it. would you guys suggest the steel spurr gear that redcat offers, or would the platic replacement be sufficient? this may be a stupid question, but i was just wondering. i'm assuming the steel is always better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used to think like bkbajan, steel must be better.  But when I switched my spur gear from plastic to steel, (EQ8E) it strippede my brass pinion gear.  I switched back to a plastic spur gear and all is good. (so far)
    Smitty