Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

will 80 amp ezrun work with traxxas vxl3s motor

I have a vxl 3 s system with a bad esc. A friend has an ezrun 80a off an earthquake 8e. Would this esc work?

Also what do you guys think of the earthquake 8e. I'm ordering a new truck tomorrow and was going to order a shredder but want something with bigger tires that will do better off road.
    Traxxas Summit , Redcat Aftershock 8e 50 mph,Electrix circut-brushless 50 mph 2.4,Electrix Ruckus build brushless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: will 80 amp ezrun work with traxxas vxl3s motor

ORIGINAL: dunning3075

I have a vxl 3 s system with a bad esc. A friend has an ezrun 80a off an earthquake 8e. Would this esc work?

Also what do you guys think of the earthquake 8e. I'm ordering a new truck tomorrow and was going to order a shredder but want something with bigger tires that will do better off road.
    get the aftershock 8e or the backdraft 8e. the larger tires on the earthquake 8e put alot of strain on the drivetrain and steering parts. and that BL system puts out alot of power. the smaller(narrower) tires of aftershock lessen the strain. thus the parts last longer.

im pretty sue the ezrun 80amp can power the VXL motor, however no sure how you could power it. the 80a esc is meant to run off 2 lipos, and thus total 4s power. 4s will blow the vxl motor.

look up the ezrun SC8 speed control on www.hobbypartz.com. its around $90 and it is 120amp but uses 1 battery lead...so you can run a 2s, 3s, or 4s lipo. cheaper than the VXL esc with all the same features(except not being waterproof)
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wouldn't one 3s 11.1 v run it. The 80 amp says it can be run on 3 s power I beleive.
    Traxxas Summit , Redcat Aftershock 8e 50 mph,Electrix circut-brushless 50 mph 2.4,Electrix Ruckus build brushless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wouldn't one 3s 11.1 v run it. The 80 amp says it can be run on 3 s power I beleive.
    see im not sure.

simillar question got asked in another post. guy wanted to run life batts. they have lower volts per cell, so he wanted to use a pair of 3cell life.

i dont know for certain if the ezrun works the same, but on some other duel batt ESC's one of the batt leads powers the BEC. if you put too much power to that lead, it can fry the BEC or the reciever.

but i dont know for sure if this would be the case with the ezrun 80a. its a pretty expensive gamble.

unless you can find someone(maybe a utube vid?) who has already tried it, i wouldnt. to much risk of burning something up.

there are also the same 80a ESC....that only has 1 battery lead. so i wouldnt rely to much on the specs in manual...

i have no doubt that your 80a would "run" on just 3s....but whether or not it will do so without burning up the BEC or the Rx is another question.

my thought is, why would there be a seperate version with only 1 battery lead if the duel battery lead version could be run on just a single 2 or 3s lipo?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone know if the tenergy charger that red cat sales has a built in balancer. And if its any good

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also will the earthquake body fit the aftershock

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone know if the tenergy charger that red cat sales has a built in balancer. And if its any good
    the earthquake body "could fit" might have to rim it some tho.

the tenergy charger has balancing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Charger Specifications:

Handle NiMH, NICD, Li-Po,Li-ion, Li-Fe, SLA Batteries
    Build-in Balance
    Temperature Sensor
    DC 11V~15V, which can be directly connect to Automobile Battery. The working electric current is less than 5A when it is charged in full load. The current of the fuse is 10A which could prevent short circuit.