Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat Rockslide RS10 XT

I just purchased one of these online. Im just curious if i would be able to run a lipo with it? I have a couple extra 40c 5000mah 2s lipo batteries and thought that if possible, i would like to use them. i assume that the ESC doesnt have lipo cutoff, so i would have to pick up a low voltage alarm, or cutoff, but before i buy something like that, just want to make sure it would run with a lipo without burning anything up. Thanks for any help!
    Hpi Sprint 2 Flux
    Hpi E Firestorm Flux
    Redcat Rockslide RS10 XT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Rockslide RS10 XT

really? nobody has a clue if i can run a 2s lipo?
    Hpi Sprint 2 Flux
    Hpi E Firestorm Flux
    Redcat Rockslide RS10 XT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would guess that they can not run off lipo's at all. I read the specs on them and it looks like they come with brushed motors and a small ESC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ShredderGuy

*I would guess that they can not run off lipo's at all. I read the specs on them and it looks like they come with brushed motors and a small ESC.*
    that esc can actually handle upto 14v. its the same ESC that comes in the 1/8 scale crawler.....of which you can buy a adapter to run 2 6cell batteries in series.

i have run this esc on a 3s lipo. the ESC runs fine, but you do need an externa LVC....or at least an LVA
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to make sure. You positive that it will handle 14 volts? I won't put that much through it, but it would be nice to know for sure! Thanks!
    Hpi Sprint 2 Flux
    Hpi E Firestorm Flux
    Redcat Rockslide RS10 XT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 32_d3gr33s

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to make sure. You positive that it will handle 14 volts? I won't put that much through it, but it would be nice to know for sure! Thanks!
    yes it will. the 1/8 scale uses the same version ESC. And redcat sells a series adapter so you can run a pair of 7.2v batteries(total 14.4v)
    they did that on the larger truck because it has 100t motors and is even slower than the rs10.

i wouldnt run 14.4 myself, but 3s or 11.1v will be fine.

i do reccomend a heatsink on the rear motor tho. the increased voltage will cause more heat, especially on the rear motor. It wont be enough to burn up the motor, but over time will wear down the brushes quicker.

I know cause that is what happened to mine. When crawling up steep inclines, the rear motor has more load on it. Thus it heats up more. And on 3s lipo that extra heat will wear out the brushes sooner than on the front....thus making the rear weaker.

A simple heat sink on the rear motor will help.

either way, those motors dont cost much, and the extra torque and wheel speed on a 3s lipo is well worth it IMO.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awesome! Thanks a ton!
    Hpi Sprint 2 Flux
    Hpi E Firestorm Flux
    Redcat Rockslide RS10 XT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I run a 1300 mAh 2s lipo in my XT10 with no problems, you will need a cutoff or a buzzer for low voltage warning.