Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

My first Redcat Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Night_Train

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first Redcat Review

no, it wasnt cold, it was in the mid60's. i wouldnt have broke the motor in if it wasnt atleast in the 50's
Old 12-16-2011, 03:54 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Night_Train

no, it wasnt cold, it was in the mid 60's. i wouldnt have broke the motor in if it wasnt atleast in the 50's
I see.
Just wondered cause i had a volcano epx pro that i bashed really hard all summer and it held up great.
then i tried running it in winter (30 degrees) and thats when things like the hubs, suspension arms, body mounts started breaking on me.
The plastics used dont like the cold.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

When you put it back together, one word, "LOCKTITE" the blue stuff. Never had anything come (vibrate) apart!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:45 PM
xerxes

blu stuff on any metal 2 metal screws. unless its nylon loknuts
Old 12-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Night_Train

thats the first thing the buggy got when i took it out the box. next time i might use the red locktite
Old 12-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tmepting as it is to use red loctite on certain things, don't do it. You'll have to drill those screws out later. Just be a bit more liberal with the blue. Maybe buy a new bottle if yours is old.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:28 AM
Night_Train

the secret to breaking loose red locktite it applying heat to meltitoff the screws. Its no match for a butane lighter torch.. just be careful not to hit any plastic parts in the process
Old 12-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry for jumping so late into this thread but I have a Tornado also and was very surprised at how well it's held up.  Except for splitting two wheels in half I've had no issues with it.  I know exactly what you mean about rollovers though.  Right now I'm running street tires on it and once you get up to speed the narrow wheel base almost begs for some spectacular rollovers sometimes followed by breathtaking cartwheels.  I'm currently investigating extending the wheelbase thru longer control arms and dogbones.  My ultimate goal is to get it a little wider and replace the change the gearing to be able to turn bigger dirt tires and get some ground clearance under it.  I tried the wheels and tires off my HPI truggy and it was a blast to run around except for the lacking of the off the line power with the bigger tires.