Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My first Redcat Review

Well Fellas,,, I felt the need to inform you all on my experience with my first redcat.. I finally got my redcat tornado today. got the engine broke in and everything seemed like everything was going good. the car had alot of power and handles excellent. I was really surprised!
    Now for the bad. I honestly feel like i just threw $200 in the fire! Not trying to blast anyoneelse soI will be fair here and say that this particular buggyI got is a pure piece of CRAP!!!! Im so damn disgusted right now I probably wont even try to get this crap fix because i feel like i have already been taken! Somehow the Brake bar vibrated out and the brakes failed!!!! well you guys know that speed and no brakes dont mix. Im now sitting on a 3 hour old car with amissing break bar, busted front upper arm, and amessed up dog bone,(which broke during alow speed roll on flat grassland)Come on Redcat!! I thought you made durable R/Cs!! What happened??? This is dispicable!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: My first Redcat Review

I dont mean to put you down, but if the bar vibrated loose thats not really redcats fault. With ANY brand, it is wise to check all screws before running. This is especially true with nitros.
    As for the broken parts, I assume that when you lost brakes you hit something at high speed....that will always cause damage, no matter what brand.

I can certainly understand your frustration tho. Its never fun to have a $200 buggy sitting in need of repair when you only just got it!

I get the anger, but why wouldnt you fix it? You like the power and handling right?

You need a dogbone, upper suspension arm and maybe a screw or small part for the brakes. Thats actually not bad for a runaway crash.

I lost control of my traxxas nitro sport once(radio failed!!!) and it took a whole wheel off, the steering arm, cracked the rim and messed up the body pretty good.

I hope you will fix her up, and give it another go.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went thru the whole car and tightened everything before i ran it. everything was good to go. I didnt hit anything to lose the brake cam, and i didnt have a crash, just a roll over, thats why it had me so pissed off. I've had a few r/c's and i feel like it should have held up alittle better. I'll admit alot of frustration was coming out in my post when i said i wasnt gonna repair it,  but you said it correctly, it sure isn't fun repairing something new.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ah, you checked it over. Have you tested the throttle/brake servo? Maybe it failed on you and thats why you lost brakes?

It seems odd for the linkage to just come loose.

Can you post pics?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

]yes i checked it over and they moved freely without any binding and there wasnt any problems with throttle while running it. i dont have any pics but i did manage to find the linkage after looking for about 30-45 minutes. Like I stated before, it just rubs me the wrong way on how it just vibrated out like that. My losi or hpi's never had any problems like this what so ever. Im just cracking up now cause Im remembering the video on youtube titled "Are Redcats Durable"
    "http://www.youtube.com/embed/WABjGjk61pI"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I owned a Tornado (first rc) and never had any issues with the brakes or linkage and any issues I had with it were from user error, I had some good times with it until I sold it to someone on this forum.
    It is possible you may have overlooked something on your buggy that caused the brakes to fail.

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. Al Pacino (Scarface 1983)

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wait, you paid $200 for a ready to run RC car and you're complaining when it didn't hold together like a $1000 race car?

And when you failed to check the construction quality of said $200 car, and a single small part vibrated loose causing you to crash, you blame redcat?

In case you hadn't guessed at the moral of this story; "What in fiery hell did you expect for $200, hm?".

EDIT: reading that back I realise it sounds harsh. It wasn't supposed to be, please don't misunderstand. You have to appreciate that $200 RTR is scraping the barrel of the cheapest of the cheap RC cars. In all seriousness, if you want quality, you do need to spend a bit more on a chassis and build it yourself.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Wait, you paid $200 for a ready to run RC car and you're complaining when it didn't hold together like a $1000 race car?

And when you failed to check the construction quality of said $200 car, and a single small part vibrated loose causing you to crash, you blame redcat?

In case you hadn't guessed at the moral of this story; ''What in fiery hell did you expect for $200, hm?''.

EDIT: reading that back I realise it sounds harsh. It wasn't supposed to be, please don't misunderstand. You have to appreciate that $200 RTR is scraping the barrel of the cheapest of the cheap RC cars. In all seriousness, if you want quality, you do need to spend a bit more on a chassis and build it yourself.
    This is especially true for RTR nitros. For $200 there are some pretty decent RTR electrics....But nitros tend to run more money.
    Traxxas "base model" nitro still costs $250 just for the truck. That doesnt include fuel or other acc.

Heck, i paid more than you did for a USED traxxas rustler 2.5

Nitro models just seem to be a bit more expensive to get started with. Makes some sense, since they have more moving parts and all.

But dont give up. My 1st nitro gave me more than a few headaches (a traxxas nitro sport) but I stuck with it! Your 1st nitro model is always a learning curve, no matter how expensive the model was.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He is to funny he said "i didn't have a crash, just a roll over" hell that is a crash wheels in the air and the car was desigin for the wheels on the ground. Its obvious he didn't check everything the brake came will not vibrate loose and it was checked and tighten. In the roll over when he was upside down you could have easily broke the brake came which made it vibrate out. He paid $200.00 for a rtr nitro car but he says he has losi and HPI which they brake also but he does not want to fix this one after it broke but he only has $200.00 in it? That really does not make any since.
    Team Anaconda R/C Racing
    http://www.teamanaconda.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey night train....have you checked the throttle/brake servo?

Can you post a pic of the brake linkage....where it came loose?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

He is to funny he said "ididn'thave a crash, just aroll over" hell that is a crash wheels in the air and the car was desigin for the wheels on the ground. Itsobvioushedidn'tcheck everything the brake came will not vibrate loose and it was checked and tighten. In the roll over when he was upside down you could haveeasilybroke the brake came which made it vibrate out. He paid $200.00 for a rtr nitro car but he says he has losi and HPI which they brake also but he does not want to fix this one after it broke but he only has $200.00 in it? That really does not make any since.
    Im sorry man, i didnt realize you were standing next to me when this **** happened. So since you know exactly what happen please fill me in....But i guess i have nothing better to do than come in here and shoot youa line of bull**** , dont let my post count pin me as a noob. i"ve been in the hobby for awhile.
    Bottom line,,, Your the one that is "too funny" who has nothing better to do than troll a thread and try to make someone out to be a dumb ****.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Night_Train

He is to funny he said ''iΒ*didn'tΒ*have a crash, just aΒ*roll over'' hell that is a crash wheels in the air and the car was desigin for the wheels on the ground. ItsΒ*obviousΒ*heΒ*didn'tΒ*check everything the brake came will not vibrate loose and it was checked and tighten. In the roll over when he was upside down you could haveΒ*easilyΒ*broke the brake came which made it vibrate out. He paid $200.00 for a rtr nitro car but he says he has losi and HPI which they brake also but he does not want to fix this one after it broke but he only has $200.00 in it? That really does not make any since.
    Β*Im sorry man, i didnt realize you were standing next to me when this **** happened. So since you know exactly what happen please fill me in....But i guess i have nothing better to do than come in here and shoot youΒ*a line of bull**** , dont let my post count pin me as a noob. i''ve been in the hobby for awhile.
    Bottom line,,, Your the one that is ''too funny'' Β*who has nothing better to do than troll a thread and try to make someone out to be a dumb ****.
    dont let anyone bug you to much. this is a "redcat support" forum, so you are gonna find more redcat supporters than haters
    Anyway, post up some pics. Its always fun to see some carnage...as long as it wasnt your model...lol.
    I wanna see what part of the linkage failed on you. Its the 1st I have heard of the brake linkage being an issue for anyone. As a dealer, it helps me alot to have a good knowledge of any issues people have had with redcats.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: Night_Train

[quote] i''ve been in the hobby for awhile.

Don't take this the wrong way but why in the world you buy a redcat if you have been in the hobby for a while after purchasing Losi and HPI rc cars ?
    Why not buy another Losi or HPI?
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. Al Pacino (Scarface 1983)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea I Know, I bought it for my son as a birthday present and he never got to use it, I was set off and guess rubbed the wrong way at the wrong time.....Any how,, REDCATDIDCONTACTME and said that they would take care of the problem!
    So I can not bash them one bit. That gets alot of respect out of me for taking care of their customers like that. That is how you assurea successfull business!!!

As for the upper arm, i cannot get the pics uploaded in here, but the housing around the suspension pin broke .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

links dont workk 4 xerxes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wate now dey do.

r u familier wit redcats? per replacement parts?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea, i am now. just read over their forms

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rufaster.com & urchobby.com

da only 2 places u shood evr order parts frum. realisticaly, uv probably only got about 8$ in repairs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sweet! thanks for the info!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: xerxes

wate now dey do.

r u familier wit redcats? per replacement parts?
    Do you have spell check?
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just curious, was it cold when you ran the buggy?

glad to hear redcat is taking care of you. They have always met my expectations in terms of customer support.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: srt10

Do you have spell check?
    [&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the fact that xerxes, an ancient persian emperor, speaks or weites english at all is sufficient.

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Night_Train

He is to funny he said ''iΒ*didn'tΒ*have a crash, just aΒ*roll over'' hell that is a crash wheels in the air and the car was desigin for the wheels on the ground. ItsΒ*obviousΒ*heΒ*didn'tΒ*check everything the brake came will not vibrate loose and it was checked and tighten. In the roll over when he was upside down you could haveΒ*easilyΒ*broke the brake came which made it vibrate out. He paid $200.00 for a rtr nitro car but he says he has losi and HPI which they brake also but he does not want to fix this one after it broke but he only has $200.00 in it? That really does not make any since.
    Β*Im sorry man, i didnt realize you were standing next to me when this **** happened. So since you know exactly what happen please fill me in....But i guess i have nothing better to do than come in here and shoot youΒ*a line of bull**** , dont let my post count pin me as a noob. i''ve been in the hobby for awhile.
    Bottom line,,, Your the one that is ''too funny'' Β*who has nothing better to do than troll a thread and try to make someone out to be a dumb ****.
    Calm down a little buddy, we don't allow that kind of thing around here. I see your point, but you can contradict someone within the rules. Thanks.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast